Autosteer Single GPS+IMU+Panda

Would you have a picture of a completed 1? I am not sure about the placement of the yellow/orange capacitors?
Also not sure about the D- and D+ pins? Are they for external wires? Are they needed?

My completed panda is not here, so no picture of completed board. I don’t believe it is connected, from
the Tennsy -4.1 documentation
teensy4.1_usb host_pin's

D+ and D- is not connected.
Three small caps go in left corner of teensy, between big cap and f9p and on top of ethernet connector.
Check the orientation of dc-dc converter so you don’t blow out teensy or f9p. Measure 5V pins before connecting teensy, f9p or IMU. Just give 12V to the board and check that you have 5V in your teensy and f9p voltage in pins.

Thanks. And will do. Pretty sure i have the orientation correct, but checking before plugging the expensive parts in is a good idea

1 Like

Did this go anywhere?

Yes I’m still working on it and it did go somewhere. I posted the other day on the topic “Panda RVC.” I used the ESP32 as a test bed to gather data for testing the roll compensation algorithms (because it has bluetooth and I can use it with my phone and NTRIP). Was very interesting I learned that even when using the BNO in RVC mode, there is still latency and so the best IMU reading that corresponds with the GGA message is about 80-90 ms in the past. And I also found I needed little filtering on the roll value.

Anyway I’m currently implementing the corrected GGA/VTG stuff in Teensy now (for a purpose unrelated to AOG). When that is done in a week or two I can come back to the ESP32 panda code I based my work on and post it here. Obviously the ESP32 has no ether net so I stripped that out. It would be serial only. Is that something still useful to some? Also since the roll compensation is being outside of AOG there’s no way to control (without recompiling) whether pitch and roll are swapped, or if the direction of the values are reversed depending on the BNO’s orientation. As well AOG has no control over tractor reverse detection, so if the ESP gets it wrong, there’s no way for AOG to fix that without some additional code to both AOG and this modified PANDA sektch.

3 Likes

It would be incredibly interesting and useful to me, and probably others.
The esp32 does have WiFi built in. In the future if you really wanted to, you could get into WiFi connection after serial is figured out

Oh very true. Once I finish this little project it won’t take much to put something together on the ESP32.

1 Like

Hello , i have one question :grin:
Can gyro work on teensy without gps module connected.

Today i got teensy board, and soldered bno to it , uploaded teensy ino, havent connected gps yet to it.
Just wanted to test if it works ,but nothing on serial monitor

Agopengps sees com port but in simulator mode angle always stays 0 when i tilt it

Maybe it cant work without gps?

Thanks.

To time the reading of the IMU to the GPS position to make PANDA, The last read GGA message controls the timing of the next reading of the IMU.

So the GPS module needs to be connected for the IMU to be read with PANDA.

Simple words ,imu can’t work like this ?

Not without gps.

I was afraid maybee i fried something when was soldering.

If you install the Adafruit_BNO08x_RVC library in Arduino, there’s an example sketch in there that just prints the values out to the console. Modify the sketch to use the same uart you’ve got the BNO hooked to (Serial1-8 corresponds to uart1-8). Should print out a steady stream of values for row, pitch, and yaw.

No need for that, i just wondered does it work without gps on panda.

I am using 5.7 cmp14 sensor is lagging. I reset. It gives a lot of slope on flat terrain. cmp14 is not aligned. No matter what I do it doesn’t work. I am using the 1.32 configuration. f9p makes a lot of noise. 1.32 configuration. revert to old config 1.13 config? When I get the cmp14 to the flat floor again, the 6 degree inclination is stuck.

Correct it needs a valid gga and vtg stream

The best advice is see if you can track down a BNO085 they are much more stable.

Anyone used a wt501c yet? They can be configured to run without the compass like the rvc. I’ve been meaning to order one for testing.

i have separated the cmp14 sensor from the 2 mt kaplo Teensy 4.1 card. I put it in a beautiful box. when imo moves, the system is canceled. kaplo, can there be a possibility that it is caused by its length?

My problems never ends.
On second tractror i have c099f9p board.

Connected it to tensy, got gps single but cant get fix.
I connect it directly to ublox that way fix works.

On another tractor i got panda but with rtk2b board and it works normaly.

Flashed same ino on teensy and config to ublox.
I do not know where to look anymore.

Update, i also get fix when i connect ublox via bluetooth to cellphone with ntrip app.

i even added to teensy more messeges

I am not at a AOG computer, but isn’t there a place to click ntrip via UDP?