Base Station

I only have the free lite version. I now see there is support for SSL in the pro version of SNIP.

Just to be sure by 4G you mean over the Internet?
We are many running a single RTK2B with NTRIP over 4G (or cell phone hotspot)!! :wink:

When there is no station near on RTK2Go, centipete or COR we have to build our own.
My base is on the house roof, no station hundreds km around me!

You mean a base station in the field? No need for the accuracy (for autosteer), it’s more if you are sending corrections over radio or for field levelling.
You will see no difference for autosteer using a base 10 meter or 10 km (probably even 20 km) away.

So,

How far is the station you connect to? It seem close enough for adequate accuracy.

2 Likes

I was thinking about setting up my own caster but the dynamic ip and firewall stuff kept me from trying.

What is your router?
I have experience working with users who use many different types of Routers to build their NTRIP BASE Caster station with ESP32.
The way to open the Port on some Routers may not be the same.
Just tell me the name and version of the Router.
Hope I can help you success in some way with your system.

I wasn’t able to set DDNS with no-ip, not even try playing with ports.
It’s a Hitron CODA-4589
I had:
-dyndns.org
-tzo.com
-freedns.afraid.org
-zoneedit.com
-easydns.com
-he.net
I guess I have to choose one of these?
I also think have to install something on the raspberry or esp to communicate to the provider when my IP change?

The most important for me is that it is full autonomous and have no downtime if my ip change or after power outage.
I was looking for RTKbase on raspberry, I want an ethernet connection and be able to send to rtk2go and host me own. Sending at diferent rate if possible.

1 Like

Thank you for answering my question :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess I have to choose one of these?

Yes.

I also think have to install something on the raspberry or esp to communicate to the provider when my IP change?

No need install anything on PC, Raspberry or ESP32 / ESPrtk. ( I will call them by the common name NTRIP CASTER app).
All ready in your NTRIP CASTER app.
Just go to your router and make changes in it.

The most important for me is that it is full autonomous and have no downtime if my ip change or after power outage.

IP will be updated automatically by your Router. Not by NTRIP CASTER app.

I was looking for RTKbase on raspberry,

Just test on your current PC with RTKLIB.
Download zip file here : GitHub - tomojitakasu/RTKLIB at rtklib_2.4.3
Then open the app name STRSRV.exe

I want an ethernet connection

No problem if you choose WIFI or Ethernet.

and be able to send to rtk2go

You don’t need to send to rtk2go or any server because you are actually building your own server !

host me own

My DDNS (noip.com) free domain registration for Server S1 is :

NOIP is free ! , all you to do is renewal at the end of the month by click the link they send to your email . (Or pay 40$ for a year for automatic renewal .)

If you want something like my_ntrip_server.com, just go to Upgrade your account and pay like a purchase.

1 Like

Worked on fields using 40km baseline this year, nothing noticeable from the cab, PPP’ed base.

7mm+1mm/km so 40km is 47mm +/- error, F9P will fix far in excess of 100km tested on emlid forum.

1 Like

Perhaps you are after an application that communicates with the Dynamic DNS provider? You do need “something” that informs about your IP change. Attached a copy of my Zyxel 4G modem/switch Dyn DNS configuratio page. The application does not need to run on the router.

1 Like

Yeah I know.
But I want to be full autonomous with my own server but also send public for everyone willing to use (or test) a base. There is no free RTK network here and no other RTK2go base hundreds km around

1 Like

Sure PAT.
Both SNIP Lite and RTKLIB can meet your needs. Both are free.
Just one PC with internet connection, one F9P/PX1122R , one UART TTL USB module, RTK antenna is enough for your current requirement,

Hi kcm01 how did you go with auscors did you get Ntrip working after 1st July ? I’m having trouble trying to connect

Hi Vic,

I received an email from Auscors recently the old URL will not work after 31st August 2022.

I then registered for the new Auscors URL using port 2101 but kept getting an unauthorised connection.

This error is because the email address associated with the new username has to be verified as part of the new registration.

I now have the correction stream working Ok but have only tested using SNIP.

Ken.

“”

Dear AUSCORS NTRIP Broadcaster user,

In September 2021 Geoscience Australia released enhancements to our AUSCORS NTRIP Broadcaster platform. These enhancements brought together all the data streams from our contributing networks into a single location and improved the reliability of the service. At the time we informed users that the old platforms would be decommissioned in mid-2022.

We have identified that your account is still connecting to auscors.ga.gov.au and/or tier3.auscors.ga.gov.au. We will decommission these hosts on 31 August 2022.

To access the new platform, you will need to:

• register for a new account at
  • point your systems to our new URL (ntrip.data.gnss.ga.gov.au)
  • we offer connections on port 443 (preferred) and 2101 (less secure)

If you have any concerns with switching your connections to the new system, or have any issues doing so, please feel free to contact us at .

Kind regards,

Brandon Owen | GNSS Informatics Team Lead

GNSS Infrastructure and Informatics | National Positioning Infrastructure Branch

Space Division

“”

Great thankyou I’ll give it a try

Did you get it to work? I’ve registered a new account and haven’t had any luck

The more issues you guys have, the more valuable an Emlid M2 looks for base.

Been using their caster with the M2 since February, 100% up time. No static IP, or dynamic DNS required.

And what is his price.

PotatoFarmer mentioned the price earlier somewhere. I’m sure the Emlid M2 would be easier for all of us but I’m also sure PotatoFarmer would not have problems with any of the other RTK Base options either. Him having no issues with Emlid M2 would not mean none of us others would not have any issues.

We would purchase auto-steer ready tractors with branded screens if we wanted to avoid all implementation and installation issues and the budget did not play any role. In practise most of us want to find a reasonable compromise between “issues to be solved” and cost. There is no single best choice for everyone. Some want the absolute lowest cost at the risk of issues to be solved, some are willing to pay a bit more to avoid issues. Fortunately pretty much the complete range has been introduced at this forum.

4 Likes

The module by itself is 500US, then get a mcx to sma or tnc adaptor from ali to connect it to a survey antenna. It also makes it really easy to PPP, and also can get a trimble to fix.

I still use breakout boards for rovers, but for base M2 just works, especially with NTRIP using Emlids Caster service.

A trimble R12, that is rated 8mm+1mm/km is only $28,000. It also could be used as a base, that used to be the only way to do it.

I get the challenge for some is to make this setup as cheap as possible. But sometimes cheap ends up costing more in headaches. Compared to 1 years rtk subscription in Canada $1200/year/machine the M2 is a great deal with the same reliability.

Will the M2 work with Trimble rovers?

1 Like

Yes, Verified.

It will fix a trimble rover, it has the 1008 message enable on a checkbox.

1 Like