CAN siffing on a case / New Holland

Hi all,

I am trying to sniff the CAN bus on a New Holland Tractor. It is probably thesame as a case.
But when i connect the WiCan sniffer to the bus, the machine trows can bus errors, and loses connection between the devices.

I am connecting canH > pin C and canL > pin D, as i have found in the threads and in some documentaion.

Anyone have any tips on what i could be doing wrong? I have tried to connect the terminatin resistor to CANH, but that did not make a difference

I’m using this one:
https://eu.mouser.com/ProductDetail/MeatPi/WICAN-USB-C3 (although mine has an extra pin for the termination resitor)
in combination with SavvyCan,

Thx for any tips!
Karel

Errors are likely with the wrong bus speed - pretty much everything is 250k, C/NH certainly are. Don’t add a terminator (you’re a node, not the end of the bus).

Also, with that device, make sure you’re in AP mode only - if it’s in AP+STATION, and you’re out at the tractor rather than in the house on the wifi, it’ll drop out frequently and lose connection.

The one on the rear pillar has one canbus on C/D, but the one behind the seat has two - C/D and H/J (and a steering valve if per my CVX175 thread will be on H/J). Always check with a multimeter before hooking anything up.

Thank you so much! The correct bus speed did the trick!

1 Like