CanBus for Beginners - Super Simple

Awesome ! Do you think it may work with a CNH combine ?

Great, but what is the Model Year on that Puma?

09/2017 onwards MY18 models I guess

1 Like

which canbus chip would you recommend for your fine pcb?

Do you mean the Teensy4.1 board when installing AgOpen via UDP and CAN?

Or all the testing videos are just Arduino Uno and CAN Shield.

@CommonRail
Teensy4.1 board, I just bought an old fendt 828 scr gps ready, so now I have to get started, have ordered 10 pcb

Hello,

Nice work.
I remained on the fact that NH pre-equiped tractor doesn’t have CAN Bus steering valve, according discussions we had on this topic. Finally recent model have one ?

Math

Looks like all the new “Mother Regulated” models have CANBUS valve and I think they call the models MY18 in the parts books.

This is absolutly great!

I try to do this as well for my Steyr CVT6145 (same as Case) but I had no luck until now.
I conected my arduino uno with a MCP2515 CAN Bus Shield to the isobus connector as you did in the video (Case IH CANBUS Steering - YouTube). I hoped to get data from the WAS to AOG now, but it doesnt work, and I dont know why ;-(

Can you please upload the ino-files from post #22 and #56 (Project 3) once again to show all CAN messages please? (I can’t download because of the migration of the forum, I think) Perhaps I can learn more, but following over 600 posts is a little bit difficult :wink:

I also tried your sketch from github (AOG_CAN_Uno_Nano/Valtra at main · MechanicTony/AOG_CAN_Uno_Nano · GitHub) with no success to recieve WAS data. At the first step I do not want to use a bno for roll.

My goal is to use AOG instead of factory-installed autosteering. I can use position and heading from this original system.

Thank you very much for your help!

I’m not familiar with Case, but as far as i know there has to be a separate bus for the Steering Components, which you won’t find in the Isobus Can Bus.
Some sort of Autosteer Bus.

Yes, I will update the files for the Arduino Uno.

The Teensy UDP program is nearly all done with all working brands in one program complete with AgOpen serial monitor service tool for setting the brand, checking CAN messages, etc. That way we can keep one program up to date.

The Teensy makers are updating all there software everyday and it’s getting better, little bugs seem to be getting fixed quickly

4 Likes

Will this send GPS too Tony?

I haven’t had time to do any coding lately but have been using my teensy AOG extensively!!

No GPS, I haven’t done anything about that again. All the brands in one with service tool was the goal. (Will be cool when there is a CANBUS options page in AgOpen :wink:, I haven’t got the brains for that)

I do prefer GPS/Steer separate tho, then you always have GPS steer board ON or OFF and it just works

Did @BrianTee_Admin ever find time to try his Case CANBUS valve?

Hmmm guess not… he still need to unpack his teensy and Bynav Receiver which are on the desk for a year :slight_smile:

1 Like

You mentioned to get 2 resistors in your post what size of resistors are needed?
I ordered everything else just unsure of the resistor portion.

1 Like

That list was made way back at the start, it all is still handy for testing. The resistors are only to use the LED’s as status lights (CAN valve ready to steer) so around 330ohm - 1K is good

Thanks,

This whole topic is fascinating, I am about half way threw the threat and starting to forget what I read at the start, and am just getting more confused. I ordered everything to try this thing out and hope it makes more sense.

Thanks again for the help and this great topic

1 Like

Very exciting topic. Does the automatic steering also work on a 211 fendt vario one via CAN bus?

Maybe depends on the model. Is it factory steering ready & what model / year?

Do you say it is new “Fendt One” with tablets as the screens? If it is we havent got a working setup on them yet.