Canbus on fendt s4

Hi,
just an adaptation of the machine_usb code to work with a canshield on a fendt SCR / S4.
To use the Big GO / END and small GO / END softkeys with uTurn.
Could surely be better, I’m no C expert.

Not IRL tested but works on my desktop. CAN messages have been tested in the barn … Test in field conditions in a few days.

Machine_USB_v5_0_Canbus_1Section_FendtSCR_KBUS_GOEND.ino (11.2 KB)

6 Likes

Field test today , after little time to set uturn setting , work very well . :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Congrats and thanks for sharing the code!

Can you provide a link to the plug, you’re using to sniff the CAN?

I’m using this plug https://www.digikey.fr/short/zc5nqd on the K-bus the code is for canshield but i’m using an arduino pro micro ( leonardo) and mcp2515 module , just adapt the code to your material . and if an good Arduino coder see my work , please improve it :wink: I m beginner .

scr and s4 can is 250k .

Thx! By the way: I’m a hardware guy and I’m always beaten by my software colleagues for my style when writing software :yum: - so no chance for improvements from my side

1 Like

it works ! very cool !
programmed sequence launched via uturn and canbus: lifting of the seeder, slowing down of the speed to allow time for the seeder to rise, acceleration for U-turn then lowering of the seeder, slowing down during descent and acceleration for sowing.

14 Likes

@Tooki57
Congrats again!
Just another question concerning the plastic material you used for printing the support of the DC motor: What is it? I used PLA, and that melted down on a sunny day (even in northern Germany…) :slightly_frowning_face:

Ouch , no PLA in tractor cab !
I only use PETG or ASA for supports and nylon/carbon for gears

2 Likes

What do you use to improve grip for nylon? For me, paper glue works best, but sometimes it won’t hold.
Give this material a try. It is as easy to print as PLA and its durability is at the level of ABS, and in my opinion even better. It certainly won’t melt from the sun!
https://allegro.pl/oferta/calibram-bt-1-75-mm-1-kg-grafit-9250172747?utm_feed=aa34192d-eee2-4419-9a9a-de66b9dfae24&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=_ELKTRK_PLA_Komputery&ev_adgr=Drukarki+i+skanery&gclid=Cj0KCQjwqrb7BRDlARIsACwGad58s8U11BBY_6_B9VOJPX4YXoPJd0aPvyTsWy4q6KA1NYNtFeVBlFsaAp8aEALw_wcB

2 Likes

Paper glue and closed print .
I didn’t know that , I will try ! Thanks

But not the environment-friendly one I suppose… You’ll need one with solvent that is able to interact with the plastic material, right?

@baraki:
What kind of combination works well for you?

Translation error … I use painting Scotch

I use it. Works well for nylon too.
https://allegro.pl/oferta/klej-znikajacy-w-sztyfcie-fioletowy-astra-12g-9602632026?offerId=9602632026&inventoryUnitId=IipbYN8LzHrg8C2L2BASig&adGroupId=Njk1MjFlMWMtMmE0MC00ZTBhLTkyY2QtN2JmMWRmMmJjOTVmAA&campaignId=OTYxYTMxZjMtNTQ3NS00YzNiLTg2YzQtMDlmMzlmMjUyYzc4AA&sig=1fe7411774f0289d3474b91489480ea4&utm_feed=aa34192d-eee2-4419-9a9a-de66b9dfae24&utm_source=google&utm_medium=ads&gclid=Cj0KCQjwzbv7BRDIARIsAM-A6-0ZlnU1uKYRFT6pFOf5L4satcYmozB2-0LQtRvPASov7raVKqmv0XAaAtnXEALw_wcB
Settings for calibram:
Anycubic predator
head temperature 250
table temperature 100
speed 40
nozzle diameter 0.8
layer thickness 0.4
For this I have a chamber closed with polystyrene plates :slight_smile:

1 Like

How is the infill? 40% is enough? Thanks

how did you do that presies. own a johndeere 6r and want to perform in a similar way to how you have.

how do you connect to canbus. and how do you read the canbus code

I m sorry but I have no idea how jd works . But I think there’s a topic on jd sniffing somewhere …

hi,
does anyone have the pin references for AMP 206429-1 ?

https://www.te.com/commerce/DocumentDelivery/DDEController?Action=showdoc&DocId=Catalog+Section82021_CPC_sections1-50807pdfEnglishENG_CS_82021_CPC_sections1-5_0807.pdf206429-1

20210105_070751

I suppose you’ll have to dig into your attachment. Info is given e. g. on page 47 for one pin. Mind that it not only depends on the gender and diameter but also on your hand tool and sometimes surface treatment.

This is for a Fendt 820 from 2010

20210105_083929

One corresponds to page 22

• working for someone else, I learned that it was a specific connector (camera option) and not a can-bus socket *

This is brilliant! Not sure why I didn’t see this when you posted it. Exactly what I am trying to achieve!

TBF I was very busy and don’t think I read the forum much till November ish.

I’ve been testing K-BUS control tonight. Will be invaluable triggering headland sequences for my trailing shoe tanker.

2 Likes