Canbus on fendt s4

Hi
Thanks to the great work of the people on cerea forum, I would like to include isobus a aog, using the mcp2515 module. I think I need:

• mosi and sck (D11, D12, D13 on the nano)
  • And 2 other digital pin for interrupt and chipselect on mcp
    Do you think I can use D0 and D1? or should i consider something else?
    I use pcb v2 USB, cytron.
2 Likes

Hello ,
I have advanced on this project, it works very well. But you can’t use nano for that. You need a real USB port, like on Leonardo or pro micro. Otherwise impossible to use keyboard.h

Thanks to @deistho for his work .

6 Likes

Hi all .
Does anyone have experience sending instructions to tractors? I can easily activate and deactivate 4awd / auto / lock, but using the hydraulic distributors seems more difficult, so I tried to use the big GO / END but I still have something to discover about it … has one already done it? !

here is the test of what I did for big go:
0x613 0x15 0x20 0x06 0xCA 0x00 0x01 0x00 0x00 /and it works with autolift for the try ,
then
0x613 0x15 0x20 0x06 0xCA 0x80 0x01 0x00 0x00

But that doesn’t stop pressing the go button, so I can’t skip anything else. I am interested in any idea.

I solved the mystery! very happy .

you just have to take into account that bit 5 is a counter, and that for the following message corresponding to the same function this bit must be +1.
example:
pressing the button:
id0x613 data: 0x15 0x20 0x06 0xCA 0x80 0x01 0x00 0x00
release of the button:
id: 0x613 data: 0x15 0x20 0x06 0xCA 0x00 0x02 0x00 0x00

have fun with it .

2 Likes

Hi,
just an adaptation of the machine_usb code to work with a canshield on a fendt SCR / S4.
To use the Big GO / END and small GO / END softkeys with uTurn.
Could surely be better, I’m no C expert.

Not IRL tested but works on my desktop. CAN messages have been tested in the barn … Test in field conditions in a few days.

Machine_USB_v5_0_Canbus_1Section_FendtSCR_KBUS_GOEND.ino (11.2 KB)

6 Likes

Field test today , after little time to set uturn setting , work very well . :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Congrats and thanks for sharing the code!

Can you provide a link to the plug, you’re using to sniff the CAN?

I’m using this plug https://www.digikey.fr/short/zc5nqd on the K-bus the code is for canshield but i’m using an arduino pro micro ( leonardo) and mcp2515 module , just adapt the code to your material . and if an good Arduino coder see my work , please improve it :wink: I m beginner .

scr and s4 can is 250k .

Thx! By the way: I’m a hardware guy and I’m always beaten by my software colleagues for my style when writing software :yum: - so no chance for improvements from my side
…

1 Like

it works ! very cool !
programmed sequence launched via uturn and canbus: lifting of the seeder, slowing down of the speed to allow time for the seeder to rise, acceleration for U-turn then lowering of the seeder, slowing down during descent and acceleration for sowing.

14 Likes

@Tooki57
Congrats again!
Just another question concerning the plastic material you used for printing the support of the DC motor: What is it? I used PLA, and that melted down on a sunny day (even in northern Germany…) :slightly_frowning_face:

Ouch , no PLA in tractor cab !
I only use PETG or ASA for supports and nylon/carbon for gears

2 Likes

What do you use to improve grip for nylon? For me, paper glue works best, but sometimes it won’t hold.
Give this material a try. It is as easy to print as PLA and its durability is at the level of ABS, and in my opinion even better. It certainly won’t melt from the sun!
https://allegro.pl/oferta/calibram-bt-1-75-mm-1-kg-grafit-9250172747?utm_feed=aa34192d-eee2-4419-9a9a-de66b9dfae24&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=_ELKTRK_PLA_Komputery&ev_adgr=Drukarki+i+skanery&gclid=Cj0KCQjwqrb7BRDlARIsACwGad58s8U11BBY_6_B9VOJPX4YXoPJd0aPvyTsWy4q6KA1NYNtFeVBlFsaAp8aEALw_wcB

2 Likes

Paper glue and closed print .
I didn’t know that , I will try ! Thanks

But not the environment-friendly one I suppose… You’ll need one with solvent that is able to interact with the plastic material, right?

@baraki:
What kind of combination works well for you?

Translation error … I use painting Scotch

I use it. Works well for nylon too.
https://allegro.pl/oferta/klej-znikajacy-w-sztyfcie-fioletowy-astra-12g-9602632026?offerId=9602632026&inventoryUnitId=IipbYN8LzHrg8C2L2BASig&adGroupId=Njk1MjFlMWMtMmE0MC00ZTBhLTkyY2QtN2JmMWRmMmJjOTVmAA&campaignId=OTYxYTMxZjMtNTQ3NS00YzNiLTg2YzQtMDlmMzlmMjUyYzc4AA&sig=1fe7411774f0289d3474b91489480ea4&utm_feed=aa34192d-eee2-4419-9a9a-de66b9dfae24&utm_source=google&utm_medium=ads&gclid=Cj0KCQjwzbv7BRDIARIsAM-A6-0ZlnU1uKYRFT6pFOf5L4satcYmozB2-0LQtRvPASov7raVKqmv0XAaAtnXEALw_wcB
Settings for calibram:
Anycubic predator
head temperature 250
table temperature 100
speed 40
nozzle diameter 0.8
layer thickness 0.4
For this I have a chamber closed with polystyrene plates :slight_smile:

1 Like

How is the infill? 40% is enough? Thanks

how did you do that presies. own a johndeere 6r and want to perform in a similar way to how you have.

how do you connect to canbus. and how do you read the canbus code