Cant get v5 to recognise GPS data as valid

Using AOG with Emild Reach module connected to Windows 10 tablet via USB. No tilt, compass or autosteer (yet). Reach obtains its own RTK correction from NTRIP on RTK2Go, so output to the tablet is the corrected position.
With v4, the system works fine, position data colleced on a COM port into AOG.
I tried installing v5, and AOG doesn’t recognise the data on the COM port as being valid. I can sometimes (but not always) see the live strings of NMEA data in the box on the connection window.
Any suggestions on why v4 works fine in this setup, but not v5?

I’m not sure but one thing you can do to verify the serial port is getting you the right data is to get the putty terminal emulator and use it to connect to that COM port (without running AOG) at the correct baud rate and see what comes out. Should be a steady stream of NMEA messages.

What baud rate are you using?

yes I also think this is a baud rate mismatch.

Also Emlid can take correction from agIO as well, tested it through Bluetooth com port. Many many ways to connect with Emlid.

Ok. I’ll check out what data is coming to the COM port, and the baud rate setting. As said though, it works fine with AOG v4.

Any luck with your problem? Apparently I have the same issue(s)

I read change display res and font scaling, check com port and baud, AgIO firewall permissions, reinstall, run as admin, have field open, have it closed, all to no avail.

GPS is found on occasion and only briefly, say under 5 seconds. System data is reading the Com post. Device Manager shows the port Com7, 8,N,1, same Com port and baud in AgIO. Cabling good. Only Float as I am trying this indoors. But have hung the antenna out to get a better signal. tbh, it seems there is something other than user configuration error here. U-Blox sees the GPS and lots of birds. Other apps such as OpenGrade see the GPS NEMA string. Putty connects just fine.

Edit: My issue is likely multipath interference from surrounds since I wanted to stay at my desk and just hang the antenna out the Window. I have the ArdusimpleRTK2B with a Telit4GXbee add-onboard that is able to get RTCM corrections from a CORS station. Taking my small case apart, I can see the lights connecting, but GPS Fix and RTK lights blink occasionally. So, bad connection.

Does the com port show up in device manager?

Have you tried a new cable?

I’m afraid I haven’t had time to look at this again. Will post back when I do.

Which baud rate do you use?
Does, 8,N,1 mean that your GPS shift com port?
Start to get things working OUTSIDE,
AND without ntrip or anything to try getting fix.

9600, and 8,N,1 are my serial port settings for this GPS device’s connection. Thanks @Larsvest. I am concerned that I might be stepping on @balhelvie 's post, but I was just pointing out a potential similarity with our inability for “V5 to recognize GPS data.”

The issue doesn’t appear to be with the hardware, although getting things working outside is Very solid advice. I have verified that my Ardusimple ZED-F9P is working properly and I get corrected datum to my serial port.

The issue seems to be between the AgIO app and the AgopenGPS app. NEMA data is coming into AgIO just fine, but there is an icon that show arrows coming into something, you may know the icon, but there are pauses in that icon data in (do you know what I mean?) and those pauses correlate with the “I’m lost” message. System Data inside AgopenGPS shows GPS data coming in as well.

Alright, I am done stepping on this post. Perhaps it may be of help to someone else.

I will continue troubleshooting my own issue at: Locating Latest Installer - Software / Aog issues (no bugs) - AgOpenGPS

9600 is way too slow. Min 33000
I use 56700 or 115000

1 Like

I second 115200 for the F9P. At 9600 the buffer is dumping before it can transfer.

There is no reason to be using anything under 56700 (fastest for the cheapest nanos). Use the fastest comms speed that the a device will allow, reduce preventable lag.

The faster you can get the data completely in, the faster the computer can use it in processing.