Case IH Puma 230, autosteer ready

I think the “trick” is this: ignition must be on AND autosteer switch (the original one) must be activated.
Then you have connection through the relay system.
After that you also have to feed 12 V to the 3168 wire to activate “dump valve” (actually a 6/2 type valve) the other side of the “dump valve” already have GND.

1 Like

Yes correct connector, it is a xx type that fits all 4 types of the DRC26 both -40SA, - 40SB, - 40SC (the type I have , and - 40SD

I am starting with the agopengps in the puma case, I have tried to measure current in the harness that comes from the factory for autoguiding but I cannot detect voltage anywhere. I have followed the scheme of five farmers with the engine running and the button on the rear column turned on and the button on the armrest of the car also turned on and I can’t see that voltage is coming. Is it necessary to make a connection in another part of the tractor?

Well if your tractor has same connector (the 40 pin connector probably named x716) as five finnish farmer, then you only can find 12 v at pin 11 as he show here: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AOebsSaCeG2PdgU&cid=A23BBF94342BFE2A&id=A23BBF94342BFE2A!2063&parId=A23BBF94342BFE2A!2055&o=OneUp
The rest is what you put on the connector from your PCB.
After you provide voltage for sensors you can get signal back.
You should probably check the fuse in your puma fuse box, your manual should tell which one supply power to pin 11

It is just like Larsvest told it. The pin 11 in X716 does have direct voltage when key is at ignition. This is regardless of the position of the switch at right rear.
That switch is controling the voltage in X716:6 can you find voltage from there?
Also can measure from X720:3(the smaller connector next to X716) that is also coming from the cab switch.

I’m having a little trouble as my desktop pc has been broken for a while so I can’t get my hands on to those chematics right now.

1 Like

At first, I was building your Schematic for the Pressure Sensor, but in the Version 5, you just can connect Signal from the Pressure Sensor to A0 on the Pcb. Then just activate the Pressure Sensor in the Menu.

Because I had the Problem, that when turning the Steering wheel, the count was only detected when steering in the opposite direction, stop turning the steering wheel or after a few seconds of turning.

But with the built-in Option with the V5 it works great, when set to 1 Bar.

1 Like

I’ve been away for a few days and today I checked what five
X720
farmers say. in 716 there are 12 volts between pin 1 and 11, 1 for ground and 11 for current. In pin 6 I do not find current with the button activated of the rear column, but there is current in 720 pin 3 (3187) when I turn on the autoguiding button of the rear column, with which I can take this pin to power the pcb and disconnect it when I turn off the column button. In 720 I only have 4 cables, according to the manual there should be 6.
X720 4

I think your autosteer switch S-005 is missing leg 1+2+3, just like the switch on our T6.
Wire 3185 is there, and goes from position 3 on S-005 to position 6 on X-716.
Note: this summer I will redo the power supply on the T6, and supply the PCB with 12V through a new thicker wire.
Reason for this : I believe the wires are too thin to carry the extra load we put on, by also feeding the “dump valve” 6/2 valve from X-716. The “dump valve” originally gets power from another ecu.

It seems to be really common that the column switch is missing the contacts for X716:6 as I also had that same thing. That’s why I removed the pin 3 from X720 and connected that to X716:6.

I don’t know why pin 6 of X716 has no current, since according to the manual’s diagram, when activating the switch on the rear column it would supply pin 3 on X720 and pin 6 on X716
BOTONO AUTO

Just remove the connector from the switch s-005 and you will see why. 3 missing pins.

1 Like

I assume that the pcb is powered by pin 11 of X716 (5200) and then uses pin 3 of X720 (3187) to activate the pcb relay and give current to all components when the auto button is turned on

That would require a change of the pcb, because the on off connection on pcb is just making a connection to GND.
Print the pictures from finnish farmers (or open them in separate windows), and you should be able to get how he did it. (one of them are about the “safety switch”)
He has a ? mark on that pin number, but in a later post he writes this: It seems to be really common that the column switch is missing the contacts for X716:6 as I also had that same thing. That’s why I removed the pin 3 from X720 and connected that to X716:6.

Meaning that the NEW and CHANGED pin 6 on X716 is driving his little pcb safety system.

But he is not clear or have a schematic, that show how his small PCB makes a GND on the SW IN (see one of the photos) Another photo show a red wire from his small PCB to PCB v4 C1 (or ON)

Notice here: today with AOG V5 ++ it is no longer needed with a special transistor circuit for the pressure sensor, Hansdampf writes how some posts up 4 days ago.

But YES 11 is powering the PCB V4

In my case pin 6 was also not working, but pin 3 (3187) did. At first i had a Relay installed, which closed the connection between the on-off pins. The main problem i had was, i always had to reconnect my Pcb after the Relay on the PCB got activated or deactivated.
My solution was, i took the 12V from Pin 3 and used them to Power the isolation valve on the Orbitrol. Now i don’t have to reconnect all the time, and when switching the Switch off, Agopengps cant steer.

Probably due to this com issue for Nano clones: Arduino COM port issue

Note to future PCB makers: could those 2 pins be connected by default on the pcb!
And that way eliminate the problem for others.

In my setup, the pcb is powered with pin 11, so it has power always when tractor is on.
The little safety circuit that I’ve added is just a relay connected in series with the BTS output in pcb. This relays coil is powered with pin 6 in X716(witch has later been changed to pin 3 of the X 720). This allows me to be sure that the steer engage valve, controlled by BTS, is not going to get power if the column switch is off.

I have made a summary of everything you have commented:
It seems to me that it is clear to me that the pcb connects when turning the ignition key (pin 11 X716) but the orbitrol valve (6/2) only turns on when the switch of the rear column is activated, for which it can be taken the current from pin 3 of X720 and send it to 3168 of x710.
The was 3120 signal must be connected with a Y cable for the tractor ECU and for the navigation control, it is made in the connectors that are in the front part of the engine.
The signal from the pressure sensor (so that it disconnects the autoguidance when moving the steering wheel) 3160 is connected to the analog input of the arduino A0 (or A2 as published by Larsvest in an image in “AOG on Autosteer ready New Holland T6-175 year 2018” ) and no potentiometer or resistor needed for AOG V5, and it is set from AOG.
The pressure sensor must be supplied with + 5v from PCB to pin 29 on X716 (3167) and GND from PCB on pin 39 of X716 (3161)
I am not clear if the was also has to be fed from the PCB or is fed from another part of the tractor.
Thank you very much for all your teachings

I have made a summary of everything you have commented:
It seems to me that it is clear to me that the pcb connects when turning the ignition key (pin 11 X716) but the orbitrol valve (6/2) only turns on when the switch of the rear column is activated, for which it can be taken the current from pin 3 of X720 and send it to 3168 of x710.
Finnish farmer found the 3168 at the tractor ECU(see his photo, and find that connector under the small opening at right side by back window/behind your seat) but you can also use x710 connection as I did.
BUT the current from pin 3 is only activating a relay. which allows power from PCB4 to pass from the 6/2 system. You should not power 3168 directly from pin 3 of x720, because then the automatic on off for 6/2 valve does not work (6/2 output is only on when AOG autosteer is on/active)

The was 3120 signal must be connected with a Y cable for the tractor ECU and for the navigation control, it is made in the connectors that are in the front part of the engine.
Was can be done 2 ways: As I did, just stealing original signal(via Y connection) and still let tractor ecu feed the 5 V and GND.
Or as Finnish farmer feeding 5V and GND from PCB v4 ant giving only signal to tractor ecu (via Y connection) If you don´t give signal to tractor ecu, then you would not have automatic diff lock/unlock any more.
I use only one of the was wires in x716, and Finnish farmer use all 3 for was

The signal from the pressure sensor (so that it disconnects the autoguidance when moving the steering wheel) 3160 is connected to the analog input of the arduino A0 (or A2 as published by Larsvest in an image in “AOG on Autosteer ready New Holland T6-175 year 2018” ) and no potentiometer or resistor needed for AOG V5, and it is set from AOG.
Correct, except the info from me about A2 is no longer valid.
The pressure sensor must be supplied with + 5v from PCB to pin 29 on X716 (3167) and GND from PCB on pin 39 of X716 (3161)
I am not clear if the was also has to be fed from the PCB or is fed from another part of the tractor.
Thank you very much for all your teachings

I recommend doing as Finnish farmers, he has made the best solution, and I am going to make the same safety system for the CNH T6 -175, as he have for the 6/2 valve.

1 Like

Today i also received my connector for the built in harness, and started wiring my pcb.
I also stole the Pin 3168 from the Ecu, and my system is pretty much working, the only thing i’m not quite sure about is, should i add a extra button to trigger Steer on the Pcb, or did somebody find the connection to the Original Button from the tractor?