Case IH Puma 230, autosteer ready

True, in my case i just printed a little Box for a Button, and i mounted it on the Command Arm

I think these are the right connectors for the WAS.

Yes, that is the type of connector, but be sure to check the “coding” of it is right. There is variations of how the spikes/grooves are positioned around the outside of the connector.

Rainy day so used the time to poke around warehouse and found the connector kit I bought from Finnish online store. The box had a website and part number in it’s label.

Connectors for case IH puma, new holland T7 WAS harness:

1 Like

could you put a picture of the bridge you made in the was?

Photo of the wiring:

And location in the tractor:

The signals is just soldered together. Unfortunately my brother used wrong wire color and therefore it doesn’t look so professional :see_no_evil:

Thank you very much, I am still waiting for pieces to complete the pcb, I hope that before the fall sowing I have it ready.

I think you will need wire gnd too for diferential mode

Are you sure? As I understand it, the ground is everywhere, all the same ground and there should not be a need to wire it to ecu as it already has it. Besides @Larsvest got it working just by wiring the signal to aog pcb, so basically the other way around.

Or did I misunderstand what you mean by differential mode?

1 Like

Ground IS not really thé same on all point in tractor. For expérience, its still better to wire a ground référence. Just wire thé sensor gnd to low pin on pcb and choose diferential mode. It Can work without but if u take Time to make your wire way, u will not take more Time for 1 wire more from was

So, I do have conneted the groud and sense low together with a jumper in the pcb
See the kaupoi pcbv4 schematic :

From the pcb the wiring continues with three wires to was. In the wire harness, where this Y cable is I have divedied the signal only to go to different ecu in tractor, so the automatic front diff lock ability continues to work. This is just specific to these cnh machines, not related to ago.

You are correct, gnd should be connected from WAS to PCB was low, and you should use differential mode, if WAS is powered from tractor ecu.
I ought to do so on the T6, but as mentioned above it works anyway.
FiveFinnishFarmers power 5v and gnd from PCB, so differential mode is not necessary. Also because he made the Y cable opposite as me, and only connected signal to tractor ecu.
And to make clear : when I some day are going to redo the wiring on the T6, then I will certainly follow FiveFinnishFarmers wiring :slight_smile:

@FiveFinnishFarmers @Larsvest your notes and info for installation in Case/New Holland was very good and just worked easy as including the A0 pressure sensor in AgOpen :+1:.

What GPS type are you both using? Where is your Antenna mounted? And do you have the saved vehicle file from AgOpen?

Thanks

Happy you could make it work. I am using a F9p with antenna ann-mb-00, placed on the original GPS metal plate on tractor roof. I don’t have the files here, and they would also still be ver 4

I have connected everything, but not the pin Press sensor signal, I don’t understand what is it?
Pin 19 29 39
Can you explain me?

It is simply an analog sensor that measures the pressure in orbitrol that is created by moving the steering wheel. The connection is similar to WAS connection, except it is 5V for the pressure sensor.

Pin 29 is 5V
Pin 39 is ground
Pin 19 is 0-5V analog signal for arduino.

So basically what the sensor does is that it measures wheter you try to turn the steering wheel and how strongly you turn it. It does not matter wheter automated is engaged or not.

Nice thing about it being analog is that you can adjust the sensitivity (the steering force required) to switch auto steer off.

I’v done it with that little transistor and potentiometer thing for adjustment and connected it to remote pin in the pcb.
I do not recommend this as it is not the best way of doing it anymore.

What you should do is to connect the signal directly to arduino and use the build-in feature of AOG to adjust the sensitivity for auto steer disengagement.
Unfortunately, I’m not fully familiar with this connection as I don’t have it (but I will update to this setup). Maybe @Hansdampf can confirm the connection as he writes about it in his earlier post:

Edit:
There’s an earlyer discussion about this on larsvest topic

Ok. I understand.
I don’t need to connect every pin with my pcb. Only A0 with aog 5.2.
I don’t know why but i have connected every other pins and autoguidance don’t work.
I will tell you my connections pins.
Is there something to configure? In AFS monitor? Or fuse or relay?

You do need to connect the 5V and ground for pressure sensor.

Does the system do anything? Is the arrow/status icon green in your AOG display when autosteer is on?

Yes. Aog works.
Everything green.

I have tested my connections with multimeter.
3168, 12v output ok (AOG on or off OK)
Cytron output to 3163 or 3165 ok.
I take 12v from 5200.
Gnd connected to 1, 30, 39, 40
3160 to arduino A0

Was ok but not with 716. I take it directly near the motor.

But the wheels don’t move :sob:

The only thing, that isnot connected is 5v pin29.
But i don’t need with aog 5.2.
No?

And 716.6 isnot connected.