Change of Antenna

Hi guys I am changing the base station antenna from a ann-mb-00 to a calibrated survey antenna.

the question is do I have to reinstall the base code on the PI?

And if I want to use centipedertk instead of rtk2go ?

Changing our antennas will not effect any software. So you won’t have to upload anything else. As for antennas though the survey antennas are only slightly better than the Ann-mb antennas.

You can use centipede and rtk2go at same time

The ANN-MB is not a bad antenna but not the greatest. However, its 2.8dB (L1) and 3.2dB (L2) LNA noise figures are on the higher end compared to a survey grade antenna. Survey grade antenna’s typically have 1dB or less. Once that noise is mixed in with the signal, nothing after it will eliminate it and it impairs the receiver.

You don’t have to reinstall anything. You may want to run a 24 hour or 48 hour log and have a PPP report done to update the base station’s position, but if the antenna is in the same spot it’ll match within millimeters from the previous report anyway. It’s up to you if you want to do a PPP report.

NTRIP A service and NTRIP B services are identical, so you can use rtk2go and centipede at the same if you want. Or leave them both filled out and ready to use, and only use the one you want. It’s totally up to you.

You can just power down and swap the antenna, power back up and everything should work again.

Great that easy then just have to wait for the new antenna
Thanks everyone

On my settings page I don’t have the ntrip A and B

Try the “check update” button.

The newer version has both A and B.

Hi guys I have completed the change of antenna but on the base station we’re it says antenna name is still the same is that right?
I did change antenna because I wanted to have centipede on as well how do I prove that I don’t have a ANN antenna? And as well how do I create a Mount name on centipede?

The antenna name is something that you manually fill out yourself, you can type in whatever you want.