CNH Machines with analog hydraulic valves Settings

I’m writing this posts, because I had a lot of trouble getting Agopengps on my Case Puma 200 (2012) to work. Overall it seems like a very tricky Valve to find good settings for, therefore I’m posting mine as references for somebody whos in the setup phase.
The only issue with my system is, that its still running on V4.3.1 because I just couldn’t find good Settings for these Valves in the V.5.
My System includes:
-Dualheading (Hammer Code)
-PcbV2 (Hooked up to the OEM Harness behind the passenger seat)
-Panasonic FZ-G1
-OEM WAS
-OEM Pressure sensor (I modified the V4 Code to shut of my Steering after the Sensor receives a high enough pressure level.)
-Steer Switch per Button
-Work Switch per Switch
-OEM Hydraulic Valves

Now my Settings for V4:
Gain: 12
Min. PWM: 32
High Max PWM: 100
Low Max PWM: 55

Pure P:
Look Ahead In Seconds: 2,8
Look Ahead Offline Multiplier: 1,8
Min Look Ahead in Meters: 2
UTurn Look Ahead Multiplier: 0,8

Feel free to post your settings, if somebody has good V5 Settings i might give it another shot.

UPDATE: Got it working with the newest Version (5.6.0)

My Settings are:

P: 30
MAX: 100
LOW: 70
MIN: 43

PP:

Look Ahead: 2,8
Look Ahead Speed Gain: 2,4
Sidehill Deg…: 0,10
Integral: 11

I’m not quite sure about the Integral, but these are settings that work pretty good from Low to mid speeds, high speeds like 20kmh, but i will try more this season.

Edit: A few pictures of my setup:

The OEM harness gets plugged in, the grey cable is for my steer and work switch. With one USB cable theres also a reset and on off switch. To be honest these two switches are useless because I’m powering everything with ignition power.

4 Likes

You mean this valve?
I also struggled with him. These valves are faulty, I tried on several tractors and it was impossible to set it on any of them. If you give too little gain, it won’t tighten the line, you increase it a bit and it starts to swing the wheels when stationary. It goes straight and suddenly makes zigzags, the first time I thought they were broken, but now I know that this type is like that. The one in the picture was removed from the NHT7 in order to replace it with my valve block.

Yes these valves, the same are installed in my Puma, but we were running a Trimble system before agopengps and it worked from the valve side pretty good. But its just a nightmare to find good settings. In my case I only could in V4, not in V5. But did you only swap the valves itself or the whole hydraulics block like in you pictures? Because if better valves had the same dimensions as the OEM ones this shouldn’t be to difficult.

Looks great! Friend of mine has also A-steer ready Puma and i agreed to to set it up. Could you, please, share the code for shut off valve, so i don’t have to get couple grey hairs from coding again? :sweat_smile:
And does OEM hydraulic sensor takes 5 or 12v as power supply?
I will try to set it up with IBT driver and all time favorite V4 soft.

I didn’t have time to update this post but overall said, i could never achieve reasonable results with my setup which come close to a OEM System until the release of the V5.7 with this version where aquire and hold got seperated, now you are able to fully tune it’s performance without having to accept compromises.
So just use V5.7 it will also solve your shutoff problem because the code is already able to do this.
The Sensor uses 5V. I’ll try to finde the code that I used.

1 Like

Using 5.7 for the first time this week, NH T7.250 steering using the hydraulics, Andreas’ board, cmps14 screwed to cab floor, gps receiver is on the bonnet over the front wheels, pure pursuit.

Got on well last year but now i’m finding its lazy to grab the line at the headland, continuing down the field its very good with some minor oscillations that I’m putting down to uneven ground, will be on more level surface later. Been playing with the usual settings, but not really getting the initial grab and stick to the line, it passes over then settles down and doesnt move again til the next pass. Any ideas where i should adjust next?