Combining Single Antenna GPS + IMU

Now I got you. In my case T got Panda working and have everything in one enclosure. AOGF is getting NDA messages but no GGA messages. Does the vehicle need to be in motion for GGA messages or do they still need to feed to AOG via USB from the F9P?

If your approach works that would be pretty cool, though.

The F9P needs to be configured to output GGA at 10hz on uart1 in your case.

it does, used the config file that was shared. GGA is still empty. Used the Panda 5.5 version. 5.6 would not show up on UDP at all.

Does the teensy blink?

GGA will be empty with PANDA, it strips the info out and sends the new PANDA sentence to AgIO. GGA does not leave the teensy.

Yes, it blinks. I get the NDA sentence. For some reason I thought I need the GGA message as well.
I saw it one of Brains Videos that he had both going.
Thanks Bud!

1 Like

Chance of collision is zero in a wired and switched ethernet environment, switched ethernet is full duplex, thus allowing simultaneous transmits and receives. WiFi however, may be vulnerable for collisions.

1 Like

Where do you set theese settings?I cant find it in ino file.
I have chinese bno and i want to try to set like this to try.

Thanks.

That is the delay to read Bno from last gga, in Panda teensy code using I2C to read Bno.

The timing if using RVC and 100hz imu is around 40ms.

But i cant find it in code,i open teensy ino and searched but i do not see it

Here is the location from the V5.5 Teensy Panda firmware, on the autosteer main tab.

1 Like

Hello i noticed something strange with my imu (adafruit bno). Everything works perfectly but for the second time now i caught it not showing roll. The roll value is 5 and does not move after turning the power off and on again it works again. Also worrh mentioning that my zero roll value is -5.00

Is the IMU heading also stuck at 0? Mine does that occasionally. Restarting the panda seems to fix it. Annoying though

Watch when you zero the BNO, if you do not have a valid PANDA sentence every time you hit zero it makes a new bigger error.

Only zero with a valid GPS position. Found this out trying to zero on the edge of the concrete coming out of the shop.

For heading watch the heading graph as you drive to look for dropouts. But not while driving straight north. Is the reset pin of your bno held high 3.3v?

@PotatoFarmer I zero roll in my shed where i know the concreate is flat and level. I have a valid GPS but only float because of the shed. I zeroed all my tractors this way and the rest work fine, only this one is mesing with me. This happened twice once while a few hours doing a job and today on startup.

@Davidwedel i havent been paying attention on bno heading only noticed the roll was wrong but after restart it works fine.

Hi - I wonder if someone can help me ! I am using single antenna and v1_1 pcb and am now testing in the tractor. Everything seems to be fine - steer motor, rtk, machine and gps all seem to connect. The issue I have is that I do not think that the IMU is working and am not sure where to check it. I am using BNO08x and the green led comes on when powered up. On the bottom right hand corner of the screen is what I imagine is a level indication which is red but does not move if the imu or pcb is rotated. Can somebody tell me if I am doing something wrong or if my imu might not be working ? ~Thanks Oliver

I am using version 5.8.3

check the “serial port monitor” in the Arduino program

the last three commas are responsible for data from the IMU

you can also try another version, for example 5.7.2

Thanks my gps is attached to the pc using usb so not on the pcb board - would that make a difference ?

Would make a huge difference.

Thanks - will get the micro f9p and try again

Theoretically you could run jumper wires between the f9p and the PCB.