After some testing on different machines I am pleased to release my Box r2 PCB to the world.
- Cheap to assemble - optimised BOM with as many standardised components as possible
- Fully SMT except connectors, which are JST EH and VH series
- PCA9615 differential I2C bus for CMPS board
- mPCIe connectors for Ardusimple GPS card and 4G modem (or dual GPS)
- SIM slot for 4G modem
- 12v charging output for tablet PC - allows direct charging of some PCs such as the Chuwi Ubook series
- Hydraulic steering ONLY - 3 channels, for Left, Right and Enable
- Hardwired E-stop circuit - if continuity is broken anywhere in the E-stop line, all outputs are disabled. Done in hardware without intervention from the arduino.
- integrated USB hub for arduino, 4G modem, GPS and one spare.
The unit will fit in a 165 x 105 x 61mm aluminium case - use the included Front Panel PCB file to hold the connectors, which are Weipu SP13 series. 2x 4-pole and 1 each of 6 and 9 pin.
Included is a spreadsheet for making the wiring harnesses, and interactive BOMs for each PCB.
The pin mapping and e-stop features on the arduino means I have created a custom, simplified .ino. This is also attached.
I hope someone finds this useful! I will not be able to provide any pre-assembled boards as I am busy working on the Box3, with integrated ethernet, even cheaper BOM, maybe a teensy, and a single Superseal 26 pin multi-connector on the front for all the tractor connectons, to do away with those fiddly and expensive SP13s
Oh and if anyone would like the full Kicad design files, just ask and I’ll upload them!
(Ignore the bodge wire - this is fixed in the released files)