Danfoss valve

Are you connecting cytron to signal pin or Spool position?

I can’t get it to actuating… Even though voltage from cyton is correct it just keeps blinking…

Sorry, i don’t have experience with the pvea actuator that you use and cytron but i think there is a shematic on another threat where it’s shown how to connect it. On my setup i have mounted a pvea-ci actuator. So it’s contolled with a mcp2515 over canbus.

Us pin 1 is from the cytron, Udc pin 4 is 12v, pin 3 GND

That’s how it’s plugged in… Still it does not react to anything…

I’ve followed the wiring diagrams on GitHub…

@Jhmach , do you use one yourself? Can you confirm weather the LED on the valv were is blinking out on steady while auto steer is on?

I can’t confirm the blinking. I do run Danfoss for some years now. Can you send a picture of how you have the cytron connected. What pcb are you using. more information is best

Does your valve work when you have 12v on Udc /GND
And at same time 7V at Us ?
Example: If you have 12 V at Udc and Zero V on Us it will go to fault!

Check for fault conditions! page 16 to 19 here! (led functions at page 17)
Green led should not be blinking.
Edit: from above green blink is power save.
chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/viewer.html?pdfurl=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.danfoss.com%2Fdocuments%2F53872%2FBC152886484010en-000910.pdf&clen=5855971&chunk=true&pdffilename=BC152886484010en-000910.pdf

Can’t upload video but posted this on telegram. Telegram: Contact @agopengpsinternational

Using kaupoiMod-board with cytron.

One thing i suspected is that when valve is hooked up as on wiring diagram it is not powered until autosteer is turned on. Could that a problem?

Pump is connected to P, tank to T on Valve. I have a two way valve before danfoss switching between orbitrol and danfoss. This valve is controlled by PWM2 on kaupoiboard. It seems to work, at least orbitrol stops functioning when auto steer is on.

To dark for photos now, is there anything else I can tell you?

Maybe power save when 12 v on Udc and nothing on Us ??

And you did save the Danfoss setting from AOG to the nano?

I measured voltage from cytron with multimeter, it changes as it is supposed to when running steering test in aog. Did the measurements on the valve side of the cable so the cable is not broken.

I’ll go out and do further testing tomorrow. I just hope I did not get a broken actuator (or accidentally broke it somehow…) Thank you all for trying!

Please do a new test with multimeter. Like Half right V?? Half left V??

So you have 12v to Udc and when you test at the cytron to Us, you have around 6v when no steer is needed, and something near 3v and 9v when you give an error of more than 5 degrees ?

1 Like

Problem solved! And as always… feeling stupid. Problem was neither electrical och hydraulical, but mechanical. Valve is mounted in a VERY tight environment, something pushed the mechanical actuator outlet so the electronic actuator could not move the spool. I moved the valve 5 mm and everything worked just fine… WHY DID I NOT THINK OF THAT! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I put this Danfoss valve from a John Deere 9760 combine on a Case 7240 magnum. It’s a PVES with amp 4 pin, regular Udc, Us, Gnd, Error.
I just put the whole orbital and valve assembly on. The tractor drives and steers great, but it seems like I have more hydraulic noise than before, and am concerned that the LS circuit may be different.
I was just wondering if the Case CCLS system is the same as the Deere combine. I just figured they were both dynamic load sense but now I wonder if the Case might be static? Have shot the hydraulic lines on return and pressure, and it is not getting hot so far.
Can anyone offer some input?