DC Motor model

Bildschirmfoto vom 2021-01-25 07-59-52

Here is a prototype mount for our Case Magnum. Decided to mount the motor fixed with the steering wheel locked against it in a quite upright position. I can disengage this by just pushing the steering wheel adjust pedal on the floor and pulling the steering wheel to normal manual driving position.

I also used the OEM wheel angle sensor of our tractor, which has both low resolution (4WD & Diff lock disengage) and high resolution (autosteer) wiring. The high resolution wires were not used before now.

Will do some test drive later today.

Screenshot_20210125-140142~2 Screenshot_20210125-140850~2

1 Like

The 12 pulses per rotation may be sufficent. The small wheel if 2” in circumfrence would have to travel 56” to turn a wheel 18” in diameter. At 12 pulses per turn thats 340pulses total. Almost 1 pulse per degree.

So knowing the steering wheel diameter, free play, drive wheel diameter. The only thing to be accounted for is slippage.

I think with some creative programming this could be used to eliminate the WAS.

But it would have the apparent wobble start issue of the early ez steer units.

1 Like

Yes, I was having the same issue but then I got assistance from Reliance electric motor. Motor controllers are used with both DC and AC motors.

I’ve been keenly waiting for your test results from the prototype mount :slight_smile:.Have you had time to test the motor in that setup?

I’m using the phidget motor + cytron and struggling with the resistance it is giving, while not in use. Would be very nice to swap that stuff to this, if it works nicely and doesn’t burn.

If resistance is your problem, you might want to try this:

Works great for me with gear driven setup. Very easy to do without extra components.

Hello,

Can i power the 24v Phidgets motor with 12v or is it gonna hurt it?

You can but you will get 1/2 speed and power of motor.

Voltage converter is cheap and you get full speed and power of motor.

Ok good, well i bought those 12 to 24 too but was just wondering in case i wanted to test it with 12v.

Why is my Cytron Md13s kicking to Error when i connect it to 24v ?

Do you happen to have a photo of your connections?

No, disconnected it so we are using right now on 12v. But i think it would work way faster on 24v. Gonna check that again once i have time to see if i’m doing something wrong. One other question, does the motor get slower (or fall behind) if the wires would be little long from Cytron to motor?

Keep motor wires as short as practical, use a conductor sized a bare minimum as big as the leads on the motor, if not a size or two bigger.

Only have tried 24v running the phidgets motor, it is specd for 24v.

I use 5m cable on 24v but its best to keep them short as posible 10.8A stall so you need wires that will not burn before fuse blow.

1 Like

Hi,
this motor topic confues me hard.
Can someone tell me the latest recommended DC motor, which is replacing the Phidgets. Idealy including a link also to the driving wheel.
Unfortunately the linkes from Juurikko are not aktive anymore.
Where can i find basic holder which can be adapted ?

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Why would there need to be a new recommendation to replace the Phidgets motor?

Since the price is very high compared to a China replacement and the availabilty is poor in EU

1 Like

Price could always be lower. Seems to be available at the same shop where I bought mine a long time ago:
https://www.eztronics.nl/webshop2/catalog/Phidget-Motors

Is the China replacement and equivalent motor, exact same specs? If yes, then no need to change the motor recommendation (the recommendation is for the part, not for a particular shop).

https://www.eztronics.nl/webshop2/catalog/Phidget-Motors?product_id=605&sort=p.price&order=DESC

But both phidgets are a steal

Just the EZ motor and terrain compensation box without tax or shipping are what I paid in total for all of AgOpenGPS.

there is also this one, which I have used several times and which works very well. arrives between 15 days and 1 month.

I use the one in 12v 5.2-950Rpm