DIY RTK BASE-NTRIP Caster CORS Server with ESP32 and Free DDNS provider - F9P PX1122R

Me too.
Before knowing the concept of DGPS, then SBAS, …, then RTK,… BASE,ROVER… . I’ve been trying to use 2 single GPS receivers and calibrate which i called Master-Slave !
I even used 8 UBLOX M8N GPS modules at the same time, arranged it in a circle and averaged the positions of those 8 modules.
Combined with offset compensation from Master (which I later know it is DGPS) gave me pretty good results.
But then everything was resolved when UBLOX and Navspark launched 2 low-cost RTK products, starting with UBLOX’s M8P and Navspark’s NS-HP. (I know that Ublox has modules that export raw data.)
RTK is still one of the good positioning technologies today.
Later, the coverage of IOT using 5G/6G network and the number of satellites increases, surely RTK will be exploited in a very popular way.

1 Like

Hello everyone. New update for the post.

Hardware connect for F9P and BASE station configure.

ESPrtk ZED-F9P M8P - LEA -NEO Other
TX-UART1 RX1 RX1 RX-UART Conigure
RX-UART1 TX1 TX1 TX-UART Conigure
TX-UART2 RX2 RX2 RX-UART Conigure
RX-UART2 TX2 TX2 TX-UART Conigure

FULL Size - ESPrtk MQTT NTRIP Radio LoRa Bluetooth F9P M8P F9P Ublox Navspark Ethernet ENC28J60 WW5500 MPU9250 IMU SD Card SARA 2G 3G 4G Cellular

GNSS Configure – F9P RTCM 3 output

Read detail here : Configure F9P/M8P Ublox as BASE Station

FULL Size - ESPRTK NTRIP CASTER SEVER ESP32 F9P PX1122R UBLOX SKYTRAQ NAVSPARK TRIMBLE TOPCON HEMISPHERE JOHN DEERE

GNSS Configure – F9P Base FIX/Survey mode

FULL Size - ESPRTK NTRIP CASTER SEVER ESP32 F9P PX1122R UBLOX SKYTRAQ NAVSPARK TRIMBLE TOPCON HEMISPHERE JOHN DEERE

GNSS Configure – F9P Save All configure to Flash

1 Like

For PX1122R Navspark.

FULL Size - ESPrtk MQTT NTRIP Radio LoRa Bluetooth F9P M8P F9P Ublox Navspark Ethernet ENC28J60 WW5500 MPU9250 IMU SD Card SARA 2G 3G 4G Cellular

Click here for more detail : Tutorial - Configure NS-HP GL/BD/GN as BaseStation- ESPrtk - ESP32 RTK

Hi.
Some users have reported to us via email that their Router does not support setting a fixed local IP address.
Therefore, we have released a new version (3.9.97) that supports automatic fixed local IP address setting.
This feature supports registration of 250 different addresses, in practice you should choose a large value (starting from 250,249,248,247,… → 100 ) to avoid conflicts during registration.

For applications that run for long periods of time.
Keeping the ESP32 cool within the standard temperature range will help maintain stability and increase the life of the device. ( uptime ) .
Using a cooling fan, aluminum heatsink combined with the ESP32’s WIFI/Bluetooth power reduction will help lower the temperature.

In the WEB configuration page, go to http://192.168.4.1/system
Here you can manage TX WIFI/Bluetooth/LoRa transmit power (and output PIN, error message… Read more here )

Set the TX WIFI to 10% to 20% and place the ESP32’s WIFI antenna as close to the Router as possible.

hi
I like to build build my own base station with esp32, is esprtk free/good or shoud should i go different route?

1 Like

ESPrtk is a paid software (purchase 1 time for forever and free upgrades and debugging).
ESPrtk will suit all your needs.
How many users are you planning to build a base station for at the same time?
Connection for Base station or Caster server is WIFI , Ethernet or Radio link ?
Do you want to share your RTCM data with others?

Like how many rovers will be connected at the same time ? probably one, limit is 10 ?

Depends on where antena will be mouted wifi or preferably ethernet

I am new to GPS RTK I don’t know, why would i share data ?

2 Likes

There is one thing you should know ESP32 is a chip, it is quite powerful but it has its limits.
If you are planning to build a base station and you plan to leave it as an open station so that anyone can access it (you, your neighbors, and even strangers who want to use your base station), the number can be up to hundreds of concurrent users, then you will face congestion due to lack of bandwidth.
At this point you will need to build a Base station with ESP32/ESPrtk and upload the RTCM data to free NTRIP services like Rtk2go or Centipede.
You can read more here:
https://discourse.agopengps.com/t/px1122r-f9p-esp32-trimble-topcon-john-deere-ntrip-basestation-esprtk-project/4954/

Conversely, if you want to have a station with concurrent connections (users) < 10 and permissions to manage accounts, track user locations, track statuses, block connections, and so on. …
Then you will probably need your own NTRIP CASTER server.
There are some software running on the computer such as RTKLIB, SNIP… that support NTRIP CASTER.
ESP32 supports 10 connections at once if you want to use it as one
NTRIP CASTER.
And this topic is about NTRIP CASTER with ESP32.
https://discourse.agopengps.com/t/diy-rtk-base-ntrip-caster-cors-server-with-esp32-and-free-ddns-provider-f9p-px1122r/7145/

Also, where are you?
Building your own server will also help you have more stable connections as you won’t depend on 3rd party servers especially if you are on another continent and too far away from rtk2go.
(A war situation, a power outage, a low PING, or when problems with the stability of intercontinental internet fiber optic lines are something to worry about, although these are likely to have less of an effect and not often ).

2 Likes

Hi everyone, Note update :
Next few days we will release version 3.9.98.
It will support NTRIP CASTER CORS server with both WIFI (10 connections 80Mbs) and Ethernet W5500 (6 connections 100Mbs).
Includes some changes to the interface of the Admin CASTER page.
Anyone using ESPrtk 3.9.97 (or lower) should upgrade to version 3.9.98.
FULL Size -

Serbia, if i want to have public rtk2go station than i can use wifi ntrip master from ardusimple or ESP32 as an NTRIP server / caster
Or esprtk for private 24/7 base
Or have it on PC/laptop and turn on base only when i want to use it ?

2 Likes

Hi Radmuffins.
So.
A good and available connection are applications running on your computer.
However if the problem is your cost and energy .
ESPrtk is cheaper and more useful features than NTRIP MASTER Ardusimple.
WIFI on ESPrtk can also adjust TX transmission power to reduce power consumption.
But we always recommend users to switch to Ethernet because it is stable 24/7!
If you want to inject RTCM messages 1008,1007,1033,1004,1012,1032,1006,1005 for Trimlbe or TOPCON , ESPrtk will be useful.
This topic is building NTRIP CASTER , we try to help you if you want to build one board here .
So if you are interested or need help with other solutions, you can email us and we will help you with the best options. ( contact@esprtk.com)

1 Like

Alright guys.
We have released new version 3.9.98 which supports NTRIP CASTER CORS over Ethernet +WIFI.
With Ethernet you can get super stable internet connection for RTK Base CORS, much better than WIFI.
Upgrade ESPrtk for free and download it here:

Beta Description
#3.9.97 Support NTRIP CORS Caster server via WIFI ( maximum 8+1 sockets speed 80Mbs )
#3.9.98 Support NTRIP CORS Caster server via Ethernet W5500 (maximum 6+1 sockets speed 100Mbs)
#3.9.98 Support MAX time wait if failure NTRIP connection
#3.9.98 Support Flag enable/disable Only blink ERROR_LED when have error
#3.9.98 Support Flag enable/disable Only blink CONNECT_LED when have connection

The internet type configuration will be Ethernet W5500 if you want to use Ethernet for CORS.

New update version 3.9.99

Hi.
New update 3.9.99 has support configuration and remote control for NTRIP CASTER station.
With this function, you can access the configuration tabs of ESPrtk anywhere (without going to the field and using ESP32’s WIFI hotspot function).
Upgrade ESPrtk for free and download it here:

You can test this functionality out for yourself by visiting the links below.

Note : Login is only available on caster port 82,83,84.

Profile login:

• Name login : admin
  • Password: abc123ABC
Beta Description
#3.9.99 Speed up processing or save 16KB RAM space with RAM usage option. (in the System tab).
#3.9.99 Support printing detailed information of RTCM messages 1005,1006,1007,1008,1032,1033.
#3.9.99 Support WEB real-time configuration together with NTRIP CASTER (Ublox/Navspark/Profile/System ). (Access anywhere with internet – remote control)
#3.9.99 Example for our NTRIP CASTER server run at Port 81 with ESP32 here ( Ublox , Navspark , Profile , System )
#3.9.99 Example for our NTRIP CASTER server run at Port 82 with ESP32 here ( Ublox , Navspark , Profile , System )
#3.9.99 Example for our NTRIP CASTER server run at Port 83 with ESP32 here ( Ublox , Navspark , Profile , System )
#3.9.99 Example for our NTRIP CASTER server run at Port 84 with ESP32 here ( Ublox , Navspark , Profile , System )
#3.9.99 Fixed bug in tab 18 Position Antenna.

Hello everyone. I did RTK BASE-NTRIP Caster CORS- Server with ESP32. Everything is working. So far I started it with rtk2.go. There were some problems. The esprtk guys helped me figure it out. Their technical support is excellent. Within 10-15 minutes they already answered me. For which I am very grateful to them. I drew the printed circuit board in the program and made it using a laser printer and an iron. True, there is no OLED yet, but tomorrow I will pick it up at the post office. That’s what I did.

2 Likes

Oh Wow.
Thanks for your sharing.
If possible, send us lots of photos and videos of your system. I will post on our Twitter, Facebook and Blog.

By the way . Together with OLED, buy the W5500 Ethernet module for a stable internet connection.

OK. The module is on the way.

1 Like

Thanks for your short video, hope can see the tractor on the field too !

I am using the GNSS PX1122R old version and the new version (ESP32).

I can see GPS, GLONASS, BEIDOU, GALILEO satellites in my area.

For BS RTK I use an antenna similar to this 2J7C01MC2F L1L2

For rover an antenna like this 2J6901BC2F - L1L2 is used.

PX1122R old version is configured in RTK base mode, and rover is configured by default.

When I disable SBAS and QZSS satellites on BS RTK, my rover goes into float RTK state, and cannot reach fix RTK.
The fix RTK state is reached when enabling all satellites.

How can I reduce the number of RTCM messages to reduce the load on the NTRIP server?

1 Like

I am not sure which type of satellites you see most of in your region. But my guess is to use the following 4 types. GPS, glonas beidou, and Galileo
Also set 1005
If you live near Japan , it could be better to select qzss instead of the European Galileo

Does your antenna have absolute free sight of the sky?

1 Like