Documentation of my way to autosteer

High is 2k, low is 3,4k, between + 7V and signal. Overall resistance is 5k

And neutral?

2,7k, but I want to use low as switch position when automatic lift is turned on. Neutral is stop in my tractor, so if the switch is in that position I think it should always stop any movement of the hitch

if my calculations are not wrong you should use a 470 ohm resistor to raise with the switch in the low position, resistor between supply and signal

so this is my progress till now, on bench it works really good, only the communication with AgopenGPS does not work, will have to do some testing tomorrow.

Code for the second arduino:
test3_Widerstand_parallel_neu_ino_neu.ino (4,0 KB)

machine_control_Claas

Hallo, möchte auch gern eine gĂŒnstige Lösung zum automatischen Lenken. Kannst du mir nen Überblick geben welche Komponenten gebraucht werden und was diese kosten? Habe schon einen Track-Guide II inkl. GPS Antenne von MĂŒller. Ich tue mich schwer mit dem englischen Text

Moin,
ich glaube was das Einbinden vom Trac-Guide in das System angeht, solltest du dich mal in der deutschen Telegram-Gruppe umhören AgOpenGPS-Nutzer. Da haben sich meine ich schon Leute mit beschĂ€ftigt, kann aber sein dass dabei das Terminal rausflogen ist und nur die Antenne genutzt wird (AgOpenGPS lĂ€uft ja auf Windows, was auf dem Trac-Guide ist weiß ich nicht)

Now I think I got everything running. I had some problems with my USB-connection, I had to disconnect usb power from the external 5V step down I use for the relays. Seems stable now, will see in the future. My setup now does the following: When triggered by AgOpenGPS it lifts and lowers the hitch as it should. It also provides a feedback at which state the hitch actually is, the second relay simply switches the workswitch. What I dont understand is how to correctly use the automatic lift: For the workswitch, I choose in the implement settings “enable work switch”, “active low” and “work switch controls manual”? And to actually get the automatic lift to work, I create a field with headlands, activate the headlands and the lift with the buttons on the main screen. To get it to work I also have to hit red surrounded button, but it seems like its not recording when I lower the implement manually. If I hit the button above that it works. Can someone explain what these buttons do and if I chose the right settings for the workswitch?
autolift.PNG

1 Like

AoG doesn’t detect when you lower the implement simply because you don’t tell it, I don’t see any switches or sensors that detect the manual action on the potentiometer or the position of the lift

@Bennet The button you circled in red is to enable automatic section control. That means if you have section/machine control relays setup, AoG will command the relays relative to each section to turn on/off as needed based on the blank or “painted” area. If you have a boundary with optional headland enabled, it will turn off the sections in the headland or outside the boundary. The button right above the circled one is for manual section control which will turn on or off the section relays continuously regardless of the existing painted coverage.

The workswitch can toggle manual or automatic section control for you depending on your implement settings. It’s not clear to me how you connected your hitch feedback sensor but it could/should be connected to your IMP input on the autosteer PCB.

Yes, my feedback (just a relay to act as a switch) is connected to IMP. So I have to use automatic section control.
What about the workswitch settings? Do I have to choose all settings “enable work switch”, “active low” and “work switch controls manual”? Active low is clear to me, enable also, but what does “work switch controls manual” mean?

It means you’re selecting whether you want the work switch to enable manual or automatic section control

Can you give me the reference of ads712 ?

1 Like

Great documentation! Will help me and other newbies.

Why I cant see the images? Are they being uploaded too long ago?

The forum was moved to another server some time ago, Ill have to reupload the images. Will try to do so as fast as I can if its still possible

You probably can’t upload the exact same picture.
You might have to edit image and save with new name (just add a number to the name)

Now the images should be visible again!

1 Like

For the motor gear

did you try to 3Dprint in TPU?

Thank you very much, This is by far the most helpful topic for a newbie, /salute

never tried that, I just printed some spare ones, theyre easy to change out if needed. It seems that my motor mount at the steering column has some flexibility in it, so the teeth are binding up and breaking