Dual antenna heading, MTZ8302 experience?

Does anyone have experience with the code Matthias/MTZ used in his roof module:
https://github.com/mtz8302/AG_GPS_ROOF_UNIT_ESP32

He managed to do the heading calculation in the ESP32 based on two F9P receivers and merge it into several message protocols ready for Agopengps:

byte dualGPS = 5; // 0 = one GPS modul for position
// 1 = Two GPS modules: position and heading via HDT
// 2 = Two GPS modules: position and heading via modified VTG
// 3 = Two GPS modules: position, heading via HDT and roll via PGN, Antennas must be 90° to driving direction
// 4 = Two GPS modules: position, heading via modified VTG and roll via PGN, Antennas must be 90° to driving direction
// 5 = Two GPS modukes: position, heading and roll via $PAOGI message

His first test:

In the issues on github there is a user that made an improvement of the heading calculation. I would like to try this but there seem to be no user experiences? Matthias, are you hearing us, we miss you? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I am trying, but I cannot connect to webserver on this code (MTZ Roof unit). I changed IP to 192.168.0.79, because my local is 192.168.0.**, and the access point starts after arround 60 seconds, but I cannot connect to it. (changing the value to lower seconds in setup zone does not work).

I tried Coffetrac code without any problem so far. Will try to run this as well…

Hi to all. I’m coming back now. My wife’s health was the reason of being not anywhere for this summer, but now she is fine.
The code we have on GitHub isn’t working really good. The German group is talking about ideas and solutions. In January I’ll start coding so let’s see.

My goals:

• filter: if the heading doesn’t change the position should be on a line/curve.
  • virtual antenna position: get a position on the hood, while the real antennas are on the cab.

Restructure the whole code…

4 Likes

Hi Matthias, Hope you wife is all right.
I tried your “roof unit” code and I cannot connect to the accesPoint created. Is it specific for some module or so? (I use Espressif DevKit - Wroom). The second github as well as Coffeetracs’ works well.
Is it possible to use Wifi AP+STA mode, to have both the access point and work station simultaneously?