ESP32 as an NTRIP server / caster

hello, are you able to draw a connections and parts used to make things work. Thanks in advance.

Hello there, i have managed to power up a ardusimple board and esp32 board. But something is wrong here. it seema that they are not talking to each other. Any ideas?
received_382832279580315
received_708754256407964

i think it depends on your base configuration for f9p. I am using andreas configuration, which has baud rate at 38400.
I am experiencing a strange behaviour: i can get my base working if i use SNIP caster, i can receive RTCM messages from RTK2go.
if i am using esp32 ntrip i can not see any RTCM messages coming from my f9p.
anyone knows the reason?

Ad you can see I get rtcm messages from my f9p but only if I am using snip caster.
Could you please explain why?

Asking directly to ardusimple i have solved my problem.
Under UBX-CFG-MSG i have enabled UART2 for all the RTCM messages i need.

PXL_20201226_023524580~2 I have bought a couple esp32 to try and make Base stations, however they have me baffled. I read through where I am supposed to install a register file then some firmware through the esp flash program but I can’t get any response from them, just don’t know what I am doing wrong. I have an xbee and have flashed firmware and logged onto it via the WiFi but these esp32 just don’t want to behave. Esprtk keeps referring to a web interface to work on them but I don’t understand where that happens? I did finally get a serial reader to look at them after I installed the register and this is what it says. Any help would be great

I used ESPRTK on my setup, think i made a thread about it on here…

Works very well, havent touched it in over a year now, only problems I ran into were power supply issues at the start, I made a dedicated power supply circuit and havent had a problem since.

You have to hold a pin to ground / power (I forget now) to put it into configure (web interface) mode…then it creates a hostpot and you can do all the config via its web gui)

2 Likes

Has anyone seen the SuperB by Macchina?

Looks like an Esp32 with XBee footprint, much like arduSimple’s Wifi ntrip master. Price isn’t bad compared to arduSimple even though shipping is high at all the online stores I found.

Are there any other Esp32 with XBee footprint?

Something like the Wemos D1 esp32 in the Uno footprint should work too with the simpleRTK2b?

1 Like

Hi everyone.
We are ESPrtk team.
Right now you can create yourself an NTRIP CASTER server with only ESP32 here.
Hope it will help your work.

Hi I am new to all this so still getting my head around things. I am looking to have an rtk base station using ntrip. I currently have a arduisimple rtk2b board and antenna so am I correct in thinking I need another rtk2b board and antenna for the base station? Do I need the WiFi ntrip master to plug onto the base station board to connect it to the internet? Thanks

Yes, you need another rtk2b board and antenna for the base station and yes you need the WIFI xbee pluged in to the base station board, alternative would be to buy a esp32 for a dolar or two and use that instead of the WIFI xbee. Its simple to connect and flash the firmware to the esp32 and you save a lot of money.

1 Like

Hi, could you please explain to me how to use source code xbee and create flash files? What is the program to use? I want to change the outputs.

Hi, this link contains a zip file with everything you need to flash the ESP32. Everything here is from this forum from people that helped me, hope you find it usefull. If you dont understand something, just ask.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16Xj0JOiYBHgtJaQewuCOGoV6CwXAU3dh/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

Thank you for your help. Everything is already working :slightly_smiling_face:

For the PX1122R, please provide the optimal settings for Base Station mode and Rover mode. to work with AOG.

Hello,
I am interested to building an rtk base.
Could there be reception problems while I work? i need something reliable …

1 Like

Ethernet connection is stable than WIFI.

You need to ensure you have a decent radio signal. If you have any dead spots, then RTK corrections will fail until connectivity is restored.

1 Like

Hello,
I tried firmwere 0.5.4 and 0.5.2 on ESP32 it installed successfully connected to wifi and activated NTRIP caster.

Tried ardusimple base config and Basis_Ortner.txt
simpleRTK2B_FW113_Base-00.txt

It works and connect, rover gets rtk fix but only for short time after that ESP32 crashes wifi hotspot disappears.

1005: Stationary RTK reference station ARP
1074: GPS MSM4
1084: GLONASS MSM4
1094: GALILEO MSM4
1230: GLONASS code-phase

Messages are allowed on UART2, baudrate is set to Xbee default 115200.

Until NTRIP client is connected ESP32 works no problem shows UART B/s that it’s communicating.

Anyone running ESP32 as caster and experienced similar issues ? or have config for NTRIP master as caster ?

1 Like