Ethernet Setup Help

Thanks wwfarm for the help. I assume we are talking about the Arduino code AutosterPCBv4 Y/N
If so I can alter the code to select ethernet
Not sure to where to find ethercardaog.zip
If you look in the wiki at the ethernet edition then the computer could connect to the router and the router then connects to Autosteer, the GPS roof, AG-rate and Autodrive+tune
is there arduino code for all of these arduino controlled units because I can not find it. I have found the relays.io presumably for the AB-rate
The new screen format only have configuration space for THIS COMPUTER and MODULE PORT. what id the module port?
Do I just go with the IP address as assigned by the router.
Any further help will be greatly appreciated
Max

1 Like

autosteerpcbv2 arduino code. I havnt seen v4
ethercardaog.zip is on github. I think if you download latest release it installs a support folder on your desktop. in the autosteerpcbv2 folder you will find it.
I don’t think you need to change anything on ethernet configuration, but just make sure udp is on.
And give your router static ip address of 192.168.1.1
If I remember right this is how i did it. Maybe something has changed though since then.

Sorry I am confusing things I meant v2
I am working on a few parts of the problem. Hopefully over the weekend I can get this going. Once again I appreciate your help on this matter
Max

Still confused
I have my equipment inside my house until I get it all sorted. In the house I also have a satellite router and its IP is 192.168.1.1 I do not want to mess with this router as this is the main internet link for the whole house.

For this project I have the use of 2 other wifi routers. I have been playing with both and neither of them see the auto steer board when hardwired to the router. As per the instructions I have the board and then into that I have plugged a ethernet port using the chip ENC28J60 and into that is my nano. My system work well on USB. Both the Autosteer board and my PC running AgopenGPS are connected to this router. The router is not connected to the internet. Its IPaddress is also 192.168.1.1
I have change the parameter for ethernet from 0 to 1 in the AutosteerPCBv2 code
I am not sure what I need to do in the UDP settings of the AOG code.
The current setup is certainly not like the diagram in the wiki for the ethernet upgrade.
Any assistance will be appreciated
Max

I had to disable virus protection on mine before it would work. So could try that.

The numbers in this part of Brian´s ino (pasted below) have not changed the last 12 months, so I dont think they need to be altered.
Do you allow all the needed ports to be open in router setup?
Or is it a Windows 10 issue like mentioned in Bug in UDP communikation
// ethernet interface ip address
static byte myip[] = { 192,168,1,77 };
// gateway ip address
static byte gwip[] = { 192,168,1,1 };
//DNS- you just need one anyway
static byte myDNS[] = { 8,8,8,8 };
//mask
static byte mask[] = { 255,255,255,0 };
//this is port of this autosteer module
unsigned int portMy = 5577;

//sending back to where and which port
static byte ipDestination[] = {192, 168, 1, 255};
unsigned int portDestination = 9999; //AOG port that listens

// ethernet mac address - must be unique on your network
static byte mymac[] = { 0x70,0x69,0x69,0x2D,0x30,0x31 };

I used the auto windows download some days ago. Then i unzipped All files, which includes unzipping ethercardaog.zip. Now after opening autosteerpcbv2.ino, all the needed files are shown to the right of autosteerpcbv2 , I think all the necessary files are in the correct folder by default.

All that is unnecessary. Librarys are all ready in the folder.Kuva

1 Like

I installed arduino 1.8.10 on a computer never used for arduino. Would not start at first, but after right click on arduino.exe, and accept run as administrator it fired up.
Then downloaded the Agopengps.msi, did what needed. I got agopengps v309.
After that clicked open file in arduino, navigated to autosteerpcbv2. Ino in the support folder. All the necessary files were there by default. :slightly_smiling_face:

Very helpful information. Thanks for your efforts. Finally I got ethernet working. To be helpful to others I have the following settings
IP router 192.168.1.1
IP of Laptop running AOG software 192.168.1.3
IP of Autosteer board 192.168.1.77
IP address of relay arduino does not currently show up in router

UDP settings in AOG
This computer 192.168.1.3
Module Port 192.168.1.77 (ie auto steer board)

If I can get some further help I would be grateful. I am trying to get a 2 relay board also connected by ethernet
If someone can point me in the correct direction for the settings I would be grateful
I have loaded the relays.ino on a separate arduino nano equipped with a ethernet port. Ports 5 and 6 are connected to the relays.
Do I need to do any configuring of AOG to get the relays to switch on and off when the screen section switch on and off.

regards

max

1 Like

One other question is there any code that can be loaded on an arduino that will allow the GPS and dog2 to connect by ethernet

I’m glad you have persisted struggling thru the udp setup. I know that seems like a terrible thing to say - but just think how well you understand it now.

One thing i did notice is what version of AOG are you using? There no longer is a rate control port etc. Can you use a more recent version or is there something specific about the version you are using.

documentation is woefully inadequate. We need to get that fixed up as well. So much work to that, but so important as well.

Since the dog2 is connected to the autosteer board it will just show up as tilt from that board. As far as GPS via udp, yes it is seamless. Just connect an rs232 to udp convertor and plug it in. Set the convertor to send to broadcast or just your ip for AOG runs on and port 9999. Works great.

Hi Brian
I agree a struggle does pay dividends.
I am using the latest version of AOG and yes I have been looking for a phantom rate control port. So I now get it that is does not exist. So what do I do to get my arduino/ relay board to connect via ethernet and to be controlled by the AOG turning on and off the sections. Do I need to enable a switch? currently my router does not see the ethernet arduino relay combo.

Regarding documentation (just a suggestion) if some of these threads can be selected as stickies then after some editing the thread can do most of the documentation. ie user generated problem solving threads

I sort of did one on screens. With a little editing from an expert it can be of more use.

Equipment selection for the Autosteer board could be another area.

just suggestions…

max

regards

max

There is no udp relay code yet.

What we need is a 400 page list of all the details that need to be completed

Can I use the section relays with USB instead of UDP?

Can you suggest a RS232/ttl to UDP converter as there seem to be a whole bunch on the market and some are quite pricey

I’ve used this one, works well. https://www.gridconnect.com/products/serial-ethernet-converter-atc-1000-low-cost-rs232-422-485-to-ethernet

I use this and it is very easy to set up and much cheaper
https://www.usriot.com/products/serial-ttl-to-ethernet-module.html
and dual variant https://www.usriot.com/products/dual-ttl-uart-to-ethernet-module.html
but I failed to get arduino to work with it. We could also have GPS and AutoSteer on one Ethernet port

When you said that there is no code for relay and maybe also no code for ethernet gps?? I then dug out a small 4 port usb hub. I plugged everything in and it all worked with out any set up. So can anyone tell me the advantage of ethernet ?
regards
Max

Galvanically isolated. Industrial (afaik). If disconnected and reconnected, doesn’t require entering the setup page again.

1 Like

Does someone have a recommendation for a good compact wireless router for in tractor?