Everything working except BNO085 IMU

trying to setup a new board but i can’t get BNO085 from Mouser to show roll correction or get the “green box” in agopengps. i tried another known working BNO085 from another unit which works fine so that tells me the board and teensy are good.
(i actually bought 2 BNO0085 from Mouser and they both don’t work). what am i missing? they don’t have to be programmed do they? appreciate any help thanks.

AIO 4.5,
Teensy 4.1, firmware installed:“Keyamotor Wheel- Non RVC”
Agopengps 6.3.1

top BNO0085 works, but the bottom two do not

What happens when you watch the teensy on startup over the serial monitor? Is it recognizing the bno there at all?

If you connect right when the teensy starts up, you can check if the teensy is recognizing the IMU. As you can see here, this shows the teensy is reading from the bno08x.

It could be that you just got a bad bno… I’ve heard some estimate every third bno is faulty. What we get for using a $10 IMU I guess…

on my serial monitor on startup i only get the panda messages… nothing like you had that shows things starting up?? not sure what I’m doing wrong as i deleted log before powering up teensy… thought i would see the same as you

that would be pretty bad luck that two brand new BNO would be lemons… but it could be possible i guess

much appreciating the help thanks

Check your header soldering work, are there any bad joints or bridges?

i got 1 of 2 working after i re-did the gnd solder joint as it looked like it was lacking a tiny bit on one side of the pin ( it didn’t look that bad although). all the other joints look good on the bno that isn’t working, but maybe i need to redo all of them this week and give that a try. thanks

2 Likes

Never had a bad bno yet, from about 20. Try RVC mode instead

Nobody said it was easy.

good to know thanks! trying the RVC mode i would need to modify the V4.5 board in only two spots correct (first where it says to solder and second where it says to cut trace)?

:laughing: not always easy, but everyone who has contributed and put this all together have sure made it quite do-able.

3 Likes