Fine tuning Hydraforce valve

I am running a SP10-57C valve, PCB V2 on a dual setup. I’ve been using it for around 18 months so far with good results, however a lot of the time my lines are not perfectly straight, they usually contain a few faint wiggles, usually worst in heavy draft situations. I find i can’t get the valve to operate as calm as i would like, I see some videos of guys using a steer motor and the control seems very calm and precise not how i would describe my valve!

Does anyone have any tips on getting fine control of the valve?
I constantly have the steer chart running trying to adjust settings to make it follow better, there is always a small lag in the chart, quite often i find the movements are larger than what is required.
I’ve been told the SP10-57C is a bit too big for the application but i know several people use it!
The system produces some good results sometimes straight with a few small wiggles in them where the ground is a bit more uneven. I run roll filter at 0 where the ground is rougher.
Also reduced CPD a little and checked WAS zero as well.

Thanks

Assuming your roll is not the problem, i would reduce CPD more and lengthen the look ahead a little to calm it back down. I am 35 lower than actual CLD to steer good in rough ground

you are using 10v or 12v coils?

12v, is there much of a difference using lower voltage?

I use 10v coils and I have the same problem as you!

What are the tractors and how are these valves, Ls, pressure connected?

My tractor is a 6910, attached my assembly diagram

ORBITROL john deere ls.pdf (44.2 KB)

I found getting the min / low max settings is absulutely critical for these valves. It can all be setup while stationary…you need it set so the min will just barely move the steering, and then 1-2 more than that… I found that to be the sweet spot anyway on mine…

I have mine setup on a MF7616, I have the 3 pipes to the power beyond couplings on the backend of the tractor.

Such a connection will never work well, then an additional compensator would be necessary. The pressure in the main hydraulic system fluctuates depending on the operation of the connected machines, the EHR often pumps oil into the cylinder of the sewing system and raises the pressure. The flow in the valve you are using depends on the PWM value and the pressure difference at the inlet and outlet, if this pressure is unpredictable you will never be able to adjust it well.

I see, would that be the case even though I have nothing else connected to my power beyond ports? Only the Hydraforce valve?

This is how I had connected the valve.

If you are using no hydraulic functions then the pressure at the valve should be consistent and you should be able to dial it in.

That means nothing else connected to the power beyond. Not moving any hydraulic outlets. Not moving the loader. Not moving the 3pt lift. Only if using no other hydraulic functions will you have a consistent pressure at an auto steer valve connected to power beyond without a pressure compensator.

If you wouldn’t use external valves or EHR, it should work fine even with this connection. The type of valve you are using which has an Ls line on the spool is less accurate than simple valves without an Ls line on the spool, I think the reason is the dead zone between the Ls port and the control output. There was a discussion about it once before, there are even some INO modifications.

I see, would those INO mods still be valid with version 5.6? If so do you have a link?
Thanks

on the valves that you manufacture, in ls, the behavior is how in relation to an electrical assembly. you are more stable and precise? how does ls work?

This is deffo a very valid point regarding hydraulic changes effecting it, of which just about operating anything hydro on the tractor technically would, having said that I have never seemingly had an issue with it to be fair…

In truth I have little experience using AGO with an electric motor, after a short test I changed to a hydraulic valve and never went back to the motor. There are already many users in our community who have installed my hydraulic valve and previously worked on electric motors, so maybe someone will comment. Certainly, driving a tractor with a hydraulic valve is more comfortable for the operator.

1 Like