FZ-G1 Charge setups?

Just got a FZ-G1 mounted. I was hoping to charge via USB, and I thought I found in the FZ-G1 specs that it was possible.

However, no luck. I really hate the thought of having an inverter to charge the thing: DC to AC to DC. I thought I was going to have a slick setup with a cheap Amazon 65W USB charger, but looks like that’s not going to work as planned.

What’s everyone using to charge tablets?

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-FZ-G1AABAXLM-FZ-G1AABAXRM-FZ-G1AABAB1M-FZ-G1AABGXLM/dp/B00IYV96KC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=1Q0KQYTGLS2DT&keywords=fz-g1+car+charger&qid=1703119867&sprefix=fz+g1+car%2Caps%2C173&sr=8-1
I use that, and connect it to the tractor battery

4 Likes

FZ-G1 can be charged directly 12 V from the tractor. And charger 19v is not needed.

5 Likes

Just charge it straight from tractors 12v supply.

The battery in an FZ-G1 is 10.8V, your tractor with engine running is probably around 14V.

5 Likes

I can confirm that. Just 12v direct from battery works well.

4 Likes

I happened to do a test yesterday and found out that you need at least 12.9 volts. so that it actually charges. Usually the tractor achieves this, but I don’t know if this is the case with all of them

1 Like

When you charge direct from battery how are you doing it? Through the regular barrel port? How do you know which wire is positive and negative?

1 Like

I had a 12v charger running through the cigarette plug which was a nightmare to route the cable to the tablet. So before i cut the plug off i stripped the wire protector back to see which one was positive and negative. I then wired it straight into the main master switch i use for turning the pcb on and off. Put a fuse in the line and seems to work ok

1 Like