GPS data via Bluetooth

Anyone successfully using Bluetooth connection to Gps receiver. I have a Emlid reach RS2 base and rover setup. Trying to connect to RS2 Receiver by bluetooth asks for a com port.

I helped DaveH on Emlid forum with this.

Set your NMEA to output on bluetooth on the rs2, then turn on bluetooth and pair with your tablet.

On the tablet go to device manager and find the emlid in the com ports, use that com port number in AOG.

The only thing I am not sure of is the corrections if they can come back through Bluetooth with agIO. I have started using Emlid only for the base, and Sparkfun f9p for rover. Makes the tractor side set and forget and cheaper.

I have 2 reach RS2s base and rover so the rover outputs a position corrected stream.

Agio does send ntrip back on same Bluetooth com port. At least to my ublox c099 f9p.
Only issue is, at every first AOG start, I must change bitrate from 115000 to 56000 and back to get correct gps data through agio.

Hi Geo,

I know this post is dated but hopefully you can still provide an answer. With Potatofarmer’s instruction and comment from Larsvest, were you able to use the two rs2 units as base and rover as GPS and RTK source for AOG? I have a RS2 and m2 units and hoping that’s all I need for the AOG I am in the process of assembling.

Thx.

You will be able too. What board are you building?

Hi!

I just had the kaupoimod v4.1 mod210727 printed by JLCPCB and currently gathering all the components. So, all I need is follow your instructions to DaveH and I should be fine and not worry about “not sure of is the corrections if they can come back through Bluetooth with agIO” even though I’m using RS2 for rover (not Sparkfun f9p) and m2 as base?

Thx.

If you are using emlid caster to send the corrections, you can either use AgIO, or directly through emlids other connections they are very flexible.

So I guess the caster option is the easiest to implement except in areas where cell signal is a problem. Thanks.