Gps out

Thanks will give that a try.

I think it should be possible by editing the Teensy ino to send the sentences from the F9P to gpsout just to see exactly what the difference is between what the F9P sends out and what gpsout sends.

I wonder if amazone amatron+ gps switch work without GPGSA (in 5Hz or 1 Hz) signal i have to try but is that sentence possible get with gps_out ?

GPS_OutApp.zip (659.9 KB)
Another version with sentences that match closer to the output of the F9P.

1 Like

okay thanks so much for your help,I’ll download this version and give it a go.

Some success today,I got a connection and all looked good but the vehicle direction was wrong.
I’ve got a direction override button on the screen but even pressing this the tractor is moving the wrong way.

For the Amatron 4:
I’d imagine Amatron 3 would be the same.

GPGGA @10Hz
GPVTG @ 10Hz
GPGSA @ 1Hz
GPZDA @ 1Hz

@ SK21, is GSA easy to add to GPS out? Do i have to configure the the antenna to send the message first? I was planning on using a rs232 module and hook it up directly to the antenna board.

GPSout uses data from AGIO. If AGIO doesn’t receive or handle it GPSout can’t send it. It is possible to edit the steer ino to send over udp whatever the F9P sends out uart2.

Is the GSA sentence required?

Yes for the Amatron 4
GPGGA @10Hz
GPVTG @ 10Hz
GPGSA @ 1Hz
GPZDA @ 1Hz
I was planning to use the Max232, then I stumbled on this thread.

Does GPS_out send the roll corrected as well as the centered (by usind dual system) antenna positions from AOG?

Unmodified AOG doesn’t send roll corrected position.

Maybe the max232 would be easier.

Works for me.

ok, i found a link to your test version on github.
Which program can I use to modify the code? I’ve never done this before. Thanks!

I dont know what language it is. I think most programmers use Visual Studio on Windows.
Me not, but I’m from another planet.

Visual studio, although I think it may be included in AOG in a later release.

1 Like

The next AOG release should include the changes for roll corrected output, and the latest GPS_Out too.

1 Like

Very nice and helpful. :wave:
Do you know if GPS_out also transmits NMEA GSA data? There was a discussion on telegram, that it is needed for CCI 1200 terminal.

GSA has a lot of data(?) that AOG knows nothing about. I think you’re best off using a rs232 adapter straight from the F9P.