Grade control

The circled number is the point number in the array that is drawn in the bottom screen. If the sampling is one meter as it originally was in Brian’s, then yes it is one meter. I made mine look in different directions and along various lines. So it is just a number in the ptlist. That was the difficult part of fixing a slope. We know delta y, but delta x must be done by distance.

And now same test in “Pat v2.1”

2.7 150 185
5.8 150 90
11.9 150 44Screenshot (95)

is their any way to read out distance in the suvey?

Yes and no. Distance from where? If we know where, then just add up distance traveled. My bottom profile drops points after so far. The ABDraw in AOG is still not to scale. That needs to be worked on. It is to a scale vertically, but horizontal, it is still point to point. The reason Brian’s slope function works, is because it is to scale, sampling every meter. So the distance from the start of the line is the number of points on the line. From the start of my line to here is useless. I think I used 5 points behind and 20 or so ahead. Therefore my distance is point to point distance added for each five times. Maybe this makes sense. Yes, it could if we knew what to measure.

I think maybe i understand a little in brians its counting survey points but since every point equels a meter it is distance accurate to

That is correct.

1 Like

So I have a corrected version here:
OpenGrade with corrected Slope
Copy the .exe to your folder.
Will release one in some days/Weeks with more features

In this one the slope should be correct and @kansasfarmer the number in bottom left is now in meter/feets! (form the beginning of the survey line)
Its the slope/dist following the survey line (if you have curves) not the strait line from one pt to the other.

When surveying it was( and is) adding a new pts when the distance from last is more than 0.2m. So if you go real fast and your gps rate is low you can have more dist between pts.
I downloaded last from @BrianTee_Admin and it seem to be 0.2m too, so @kansasfarmer you maybe have an very old version? :wink:

edit: If you have a 1m survey your OpenGrade is from before july 10 2018!

2 Likes

@Pat Wow i like it everything looks correct. The move cut line up/ down looks interesting couuld be very useful for me if i want to go back to an old survey with my movable base :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

My one meter was by memory. Apologies. I ran my sampling at one meter. Your correct it was smaller than that. Glad to hear that the total distance is now available. Good work.

1 Like

Hi
I have worked a little bit on my OpenGrade 3D. Now you can open an .agd file with no field open, so in simulator mode your position is moved directly to the field and the easting/northing zeros are the benchmark coordinates. A lot easier to open the map!

I also put some description in the readme file to be easier to figure out how it work.

Still never got to test in real world, will need to wait until May here.
It’s functional (I think) but there’s room for a lot of graphical and code improving.

@kansasfarmer in your area can you perform earthwork during winter?

1 Like

We will probably have a warm winter. I harvesting corn, but when I finish, I will try to test your work.

1 Like

Yes Usually. Up until now has been dry and above freezing. It has rained now but after a few days should be back at it.terrace 3.PNG terrace 4.PNG terrace 5.PNG terrace 6.PNG Capture1.PNG terrace 1.PNG terrace 2.PNG

8 Likes

This is so coooool.

1 Like

Hi
So I worked with the simulator in OpenGrade and I discovered that moving over very long distance (hundreds of kilometres) in one click can cause some issues!
Mainly heavy CPU use but i didn’t find out why yet.
That’s probably why AOG restart every time you enter a new coordinate.

Here is the release with the simulator, when you open an existing field to can go directly to the survey line in simulator mode, no other changes!

So for Opengrade3D I will have to check if the last release work in any situation, even if you open an agd file in simulator mode many degrees away from the field.

@kansasfarmer that is impressive! :+1:

2 Likes

Has anybody Heard of or used AMW watercourse software?

Not sure if everyone on here is familiar with contour terraces and tiile inlets. It is very common here in NE kansas. Ive made some pictures with descriptions if anybody wants to look.Untitled terrace 4 terrace 5 Annotation 2020-11-30 211548

5 Likes

I’m not familiar with terraces.
What is their purpose? Only to slow down water runoff? Or to increase water absorption?

So you erase the old terraces to make similar ones? Or all the area in blue will drain to the red line with one terrace at the D8L position?

Here we only evacuate water as fast as possible! We sometime have problem with water erosion, so we grade to (try to) make the water flow in wider paths. But most of our fields are not big enough to create real problems.

To slow down water for erosion control. Their is a whole series of inlets each with its own seperate terrace spaced out down the hill on line 2. About every 5-8 ft of drop. Not all of the old ones lined up properly.

IMG_20150928_163114_resize_46 Hello, I’m watching your progress on opengrade but I don’t understand how the software works. If someone can explain to me it would help me a lot. The goal would be to use it with a soil max gold digger drainer. Thank you

2 Likes

Hi when you say you dont know how it works what do you mean exactly. have you downloaded it and used in simulation mode?