High correction age using PointPerfect L Band service

Would anyone here have experience using satellite based rtk correction services such as PointPerfect with the AIO 4.x boards? I have autosteer working fairly well and I am able to get an rtk fix using an L-band antenna , but I notice the latency is quite high for correction data. The rtk correction age on average is about 20 seconds. The minimum age is a bout 5 seconds and then it just counts up to 20-30s and then back down to 5 again. I am using a survey grade l band antenna which is hanging off the back edge of the tractors cab roof. Is this latency a dealbreaker for a reliable autosteer system, or are 20 second old corrections workable for this system going forward? Any help would be much appreciated.

I now wonder if the main culprit of this high correction age is caused by the decryption that must take place on the encrypted packets that are received from the satellite. Also, the preconfigured data rate of the L-Band is quite slow at about 2400bps. I have disabled Beidou and lowered the baud rate on uart2 for both the F9p and d9s from 115200 to 38400 in case the d9s needs to send at a slower rate for whatever reason. It’s a long shot, but may as well try it out…

Disabling Beidou has reduced the time to first fix dramatically and has improved stability of the gps in general. Still getting 5-20 second old corrections though. Maybe that’s as good as it gets with l-band? Would appreciate it if someone with more experience using this ssr technology could chime in here. Thanks.