Hydraulic autosteer for OC systems (no LS)

I’m also interested in setting up older tractor would the Hydraforce | SP10-47C Spool, 4-Way, 3-Position, Closed Center | Proportional Directional Valves, 4-Way Energy Absorption work in a open center non reaction steering system

I found this on eBay.
Excavator SK200/210/250-8Super8 hydraulic pump proportional solenoid valve 30C50 https://ebay.us/uncScj
There only seems to be 1 coil so think it a flow control type, so would need a normal bang for direction.?

Hello,

I thought about this scheme for OC non reactive systems :
f762cbb9a142486ceb820486470e0fa19ed2931a_2_690x466
Price could be interesting (~ 200 + 70 €) but I don’t know if it could work ?
I wonder if, changing simply the orbitrol for an electroproportional one could
not be the most interesting, reliable, simple, safe and legal solution ?
Of course if there is any space left … and no extra pipes to add
Price is just over 2000 € excluding VAT
francois

Yes sp 10-47c will work, when used as described for d187 somewhere above.

Very nice schematic. Maybe it could work if port 1 (the Ls port) does allow so much oil flow. It looks like a bang bang valve (has no arrow across the spring by s1 and s2). I think the description for that valve mentions port 5 as normal P port.

No, it wouldn’t work.
Look at the flow direction and linking on that valve side positions.
Port 5 is actually a P line here and port 3 is a T

1 Like

Pretty sure it will work, look closely how flow will be reversed as to arrows on valve.
Also could plug port 5 and just let oil return to tank through orbitrol, then if valve was to ever stick open machine could still be steered with rapid turning of steering wheel in opposite direction.
Just make sure to get valve without detent, would be just asking for trouble.

I don’t think its working
look the oil lines now when valve is in action.
Steering

1 Like

You show Port 3 to 2, 4 to 1 and 5. why wont that flow? looks ok to me.

I agree with MylArti, and even if it could work it still has the slow issues mentioned further up in this thread.
If it is this Hydraforse valve, it says port 1 is vented to 3 so how big is that passage?
Oilflow might work in reverse, but could also block spool when P is at wrong port?

1 Like

What do you think about this scheme?

2 Likes

Yes I think so. Turn on autosteer = valve blocks oil to orbitrol, then pressure switch activates relay (turns off power to shifting valve) and valve lets oil pass through orbitrol again :slight_smile:
Only problem is if orbitrol is reacting type, then steering wheel will rotate when autosteer gives oil to steering cylinder.

Yes, but it will occur only with OR type orbitrol which is practically not mounted on tractors.

I checked with my equipment and I have orbitrols everywhere that the pressure from the actuator side does not turn.
I also gave an oil accumulator to ensure quick response and smooth operation of the system. In total, I have all the elements at hand so I think I will test such a system.

Could you please specify what OR stands for? Google wouldn´t tell.

I think he means a shuttle valve… Oil goes left OR right

OR - Open Center Reaction

Orbitrol OSPC 100 Or designed for hydraulic steering of tractors

agricultural machinery, forklifts, excavators, harvesters and construction machinery.

Wherever uneven ground should be felt on the steering wheel, this is a requirement

an example in orchard tractors that drive between delicate windrows. Operator feeling at

The steering wheel that drives onto the prism has time to reduce the driving path, preventing crop damage.
Also standard are orbitrols that do not transfer pressure increase from the actuator side to the steering wheel. Those that respond are only mounted for exceptional applications

Thank you, that makes sense.
Just too bad both my Hürlimann from 1997 and 2003 and also the 1996 Same i had earlier have/had that OR type orbitrol, and that is why I use a 6/2 valve to shift between normal steering and autosteering.

1 Like

I have completed and bought this valve plate:

The parts cost about $ 500.

I have already installed it on the tractor and I want to test it but I still have a problem with electronics, when I connect the BNO055, the screen starts to spin like a carousel! I don’t know what I’m doing wrong …

BNO055 not working, what BNO055 you have , link or picture.

1 Like