Hydraulic valve info from Telegram group

Suppose even injecting can codes or changing heads for pwm and installing own wiring, could have legal implications!
That’s why aogopen is not to be used on any machine!!! On your own legally.

Oh possibly so. I’m not criticising here, just trying to understand the different levels of safety and risks.

I did price a PWM head up a few weeks ago and I think it was around £300.

By looking at the original New Holland /Trible setup what official dealers are installing feels quite simple and robust. As long as there is counter balance valve (so you don’t loose fingers in the cabin, while steering is on) and override sensor in the system everything should be ok. (Page 19 in the link) https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://newhollandplm.com/upload/2b1cfee4-c922-48af-8eaa-5385824b7690PartnersInPrecision_NewHolland.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwji89iFn_nmAhUCYsAKHWdCBMsQFjADegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw3sQ6tjPRvfsAYK_xDdU89O
I haven’t heard any complaints in my region for getting a technical approval for an autosteer.

yes, they can send to australia. I have a message from the manager this afternon.

1 Like

I could never find any hydraulic schematic about Trimble valve used for NH and other. I found Fluidsystem that seems very well designed: could fit for all types of hydraulics, open and closed center, LS static and dynamic, safety thanks to selecting valve with orbitrol priority, pressure sensor to detect steering by hand action…
(I have no commercial relation with this company!!)
Curious to see why and how Trimble wants to use counterbalance valve?

Fluidsystem Valve5

Driving hyd valve with CAN looks “modern” but it is only possible with CanBus installed… AOG Arduino based will prefer PWM drive! easy and cheap…
Danfoss is offering CAN steering (OSPE)…Sometimes installed in tractor when"GPS ready".DANFOSS EHPS STEERING DANFOSS OSPE STEERING I saw (less popular!?) EHPS (with PVE solenoid PWM)Will not be easier to install as Fluidsystem…

1 Like

This is the full hydraulic schematic of an early Fendt 936 (probably several other makes too) . The valves system is Danfoss and the main valve block, containing the proportional valve (top left) can be changed from can bus to PWM control very easily. MVLE1 & 2 are standard solenoid valves. Assembly DDFL is just a rotary swap over for reverse drive.

936 autosteer

If all this is already installed on your tractor, you are lucky!
So PVLE (top left) was Canbus type! (surprised) if true then PVE to be replaced as PWM…

1 Like

Yes. I took a picture of the can bus head on the valve and searched for the specification. The valve head is available in PWM format too and is a simple swap via four m8x35 bolts.

1 Like

You will have to power MVLE1 and MVLE2 to allow autosteer valve…
(Safety: Orbitrol priority is done through VBLE2 shuttle valves; so no need for Pressure switch off)

You might never turn as autosteer will correct you all the time :slightly_smiling_face: so I think a pressure switch or an encoder is needed to switch autosteer off automatically.

The 936 has a 4-20ma position sensor above the orbital unit.

1 Like

Hello,
I sent the order Monday 13/01 to Fluid system.
we order a total of 16 valves.

1 Like

Thanks for ordering these. Is there an estimate for when they will be shipped?

Hello,
I’m also interested in the steering valve from Fluidsystem, but misses the order date.
Does anyone already installed the valve and what are the experiences?
Is there a chance that there will be a new order soon?

some news from the grouped command.
Fluid Sytem sends the proforma invoices tomorrow with an RIB. They are ready to ship next weekend after receiving the payment.

what about insurance questions? in the event of a serious accident, even if the valve is not at fault how can we protect ourselves?

We can’t.
That’s why AoG may not be used on real equipment :wink:

1 Like

too bad, thanks for the information.