Image Planter

Unbelievable!

@KentStuff small question did you try oposite way to catch one or more analog signal frome ADS or Analog port and make a color map according value sensor ?

I have before. Mapped color based on sprayer pressure.

2 Likes

Any chance to get again to add somme yield sensor or whatever sensor and make mapping ?

I’ll dig it back up and see if we can get it updated to the latest version. Each section took a reading from the arduino Pins 1,2,3 (I think) and the voltage was mapped based on the reading.

1 Like

Reversed image? Yes, it will do that as well.

This was the image loaded in the background.

I m interesting if you can redo it

Do you want it in the autosteer board or the machine board?

Are you using a custom pgn to send pressure data? I’m doing that just for display purposes so far, I display section pressure instead of section number along the bottom. I’d like to try your mod. Which version of AoG do you mod?

1 Like

I’ll mod the latest section control branch. Right now, busted the dish washer and have water all over the kitchen. So small delay in the AOG build.

1 Like

This is very cool, if a guy had a tiny air seeder with section control on every tip. Put blue grass in one tank, and rye grass in the second tank.

Print Plant semi permanent pictures in lawns.

2 Likes

Hello thanks Kentstuff

basically i would like to say both

As argument machine board is better

Also in Agopen GPS if the menu can indicate a small calculation to adopt a rules according the sensor and some relation with the speed or not to do the color range

Let’s debate

regards

I almost made all the changes last night. But running a test run, I must have changed something I should not have. The sections were hard to turn on, an once they were on, they would not shut off. Couldn’t find the mistake. Starting over.

I am putting it in the autosteer board first. I believe you will need to pick where to pull the data from. I’ll start with a range of values, then work on settings.

1 Like

Thanks a lot

sorry yesterday i sleep

Kent…I just stumbled across this thread. It’s exactly what I am trying to achieve…use AgOpenGPS to plant a corn maze. I am very new (only installed the software today) so are there any tutorials on how to achieve the image mapping to GPS co-ordinates? The post seems to indicate that you are using teh image map/GPS to have the planter only plant in designated zones? This obviously means modifications to the planter to accept commands from AgOPenGPS? Any guidance (pun intended!) would be most helpful.

This was exactly what we built the hack for.

How do we go about doing this? You can just use a normal existing section control module and not have to do anything special on the machine side, right? How do we get the image into AOG?

You are correct. It is just normal section control. I originally placed a green image on the back screen. But later moved it to the main screen. It was on the github page for a long time. I will find it again an repost. It is a few versions old.

3 Likes

@KentStuff any luck finding that old post? I was able to create a multikml file with the boundary of the field and the maze itself as one contigous polygon. But that doesn’t seem to help. Basically within the main field boundary (i.e. where the tractor is sitting right now) i want to plant. Within the “inner boundary” is the maze and I don’t want planted. We can import the image as the “map/field” background and then tell it to plant by colour contrast? This is how you achieved it?

1 Like

I did not get a chance to find it yet. But I did see on the other post someone kept a link to the program. That will help me find it in the archives.

Well I do still have the program, but cannot get to the source branch on github. I have too many modifications between it and now. I’ll keep working on getting into it.

I was able to build an image and plant from the image, so it does work. I did find a bug in the program. The sections do not seem to turn off with the button. When I get into the code, I will fix it. Send me your field and image and I’ll see what I can do.