Improved konfiguration files for f9p with firmware 1.13

Check following:

Base firmware 1.13
Using my base config file
(Do not forget to save config)

Open Ucenter again and enable ubx messages - check visible sats
(Should be 25-30)

I am running about 40 base stations with that config and Ann-mb

Msm7 do not bring any advantage with our products .

M8t is not a good Rover for rtk anymore.
Sorry but it into a museum.

You can also contact me via WhatsApp Telegram and we can der what’s going on faster…

i am testing your base configuration with snip and rtk2go, it is working good. But how long does it take to get RTK fix? Could be use as a "mobile"station? i would like to move the base near the fields i work.
It is my first base, what i have to do? are there any coordinates to insert after a period of suverying?
thank you

I will play around with the differences of msm4 and msm7. If there is no reason to avoid msm7.
I receive 29-30 SV with msm7.

I know that the m8t is not very good, but I wanted to use it for SC on my Sprayer. I bought 2 of them just before the f9p came out. I spend too much money already for AOG :grin:

As we do not all speak same language, it is not obvious to me what SV and SC stands for.
When one of your receivers in the system (base or rover) is only L1, then you do not get any benefits from L2.

Sorry Larsvest,
SV = satellites in View
SC = Section Control

I use a F9P for autosteer, but that one is already fixed on the tractor. And I want to use the M8T for less precise work like spraying on another tractor. That is why it is here for testing the base.

Thank you.
Did you have the base on for several hours, to get an almost correct position, rtk is apparently not good at the beginning.

Is there any specific reason to use 20 degrees at CFG-NAVSPG-INFIL_MINELEV? I’ve always used 10 degrees.

1 Like

thanks for the files,
I am having some problems and i think problem is i am trying to us the xbee radios and, could i be right in you file isnt configured for the radios?

It is not configured to use uart, you have to enable yourself.

I have been working on the gps with the u center and its not exactly very user friendly, so I have some questions

1.when I load the config from above the u center doesn’t show me much, it tell me the connection, 2D/3D, but I can’t see how many Sats, and I can’t see the accuracy in the window on the side. So I can’t tell if it’s better or not. When I load the config from the arduinosimplertk2b web site.

All the info comes up, I am using at arduinosimplertk2b board and on this tractor I’m was not going to set up rtk (at least to start,)

2.when I try to enable sbas it never takes it. Always reverts back to disabled?

1. Yesterday I tried using the files above for my rtk base and rover using the xbee radio set up and I couldn’t get the base to do anything in u center. No Sats no fix? I did see how to change the UART 2 to put out rtcm3 (witch I understand is the correction signal?) so I would need to confirm that that wasn’t my problem last night. I loaded the config files from the arduinosimplertk2b site and I could see that it was attempting to work, but I was indoors so couldn’t do a real test. I hope to either do an out door test tonight or tomorrow to get a true rtk fix.

2. The light that flash on the board, xbee>gps gps> xbee, It seemed that the xbee to gps should be flashing in the base station but it was the other way around? Anyone else noticed this?

Sorry this is alot but I am having a hard time and there doesn’t seem to be much info on the net on this.

@Mueller Are both configuration files and firmware 1.13?

Yes, everything has been updated to 1.13

1. AOG doensn’t need the sat or accuracy info.

2. You need to set UART2 baudrate to 115200 when using xbee radio. Antennas must have clear view to sky to get rtk fix.

3. At base, gps->xbee should be flashing.
    At rover, xbee->gps should be flashing.

2 Likes

Uploaded new firmware and new rover config and now I have lost all satellites on Ucenter software is this normal ? I even saved in config messages so when I power down it wont lose the config. Tried this with 2 different ardusimple fp9 boards same results …when I revert to factory config everything comes back

1 Like

Hi, does anyone have thoughts on enabling QZSS? In Eastern Australia there seems to be pretty good QZSS coverage and pretty average coverage from gallilao from my experience with emlid. Would there be any problems in swapping Glonass or gallilao for QZSS for these rover and base config files? Cheers.

What do you mean with “U-center lost all satellites”? I assume you are referring to the graphics at u-center. Your F9P should still be sending the number of used satellites along with the GGA NMEA message (except that the parameter was restricted to some 12 or so satellites if I remember right).

A proper F9P configuration disables all the “unnecessary” data to be sent via the serial connection to avoid many potential problems.

bingo thats what i was wondering …i lost the graphics in u center that shows which satellites your connected to…didnt know if this was supposed to happen with the new config…

I don’t think QZSS is worth any of the other known constellations. How many satellites did you observe with emlid?

This chart should be for Sydney:
Sydney

What navigation rate do you achieve currently? The F9P data sheet seems to suggest 8 Hz max for 4 constellations, 10 Hz for three. It probably could do all but the loss in navigation rate is too high.

1 Like

It works with 4 systems at 10 hertz. That is the maximum limit.

(Ublox suggest 4 with 8 hertz )

1 Like

Once your base surveys in, make sure to write down the coordinates, and lock them into memory manually.

If your Base coordinates in the F9P/Emlid do not change and your physical mount point is exactly the same year to year. You will not experience any drift or position jumps year to year.

For pass to pass all you need is relative accuracy to the base itself, so even if the base coordinates are not 100% accurate. Your rover in relation to that base will still be 7mm+1mm/km.

For your base and rover to have absolute accuracy you have to log your position, then send the file in for post processing to find the absolute position. Not needed unless surveying.

The problem with SBAS is dependant on service RTX and SF3 are both Satellite Based Augmentation Systems too. But usually the free SBAS have one major flaw the measurements are taken in one location and sent to the satellite to be broadcast for all of north america for example. This general a correction is not very accurate. Unless you are the guy lucky enough to be living next to where those measurements are taken.

When I lent my friend my Emlid M2 he ran it without corrections for one day. The results were suprising it had less pass to pass error than using Waas corrections. The M2 has an F9P chip, but has an easier user interface and you can send it corrections directly from your iphone from a cellular base.