IMU Brick v2

It has been tried in the past. The values for roll are all over the place and are unstable. The same can be said of using the BN055 for roll. Better off using the MMA or the DOG2 for roll. Any of the IMUs for roll can’t handle the tractor environment and would not be helpful.

I see, thank you! I will try the dual antenna to see if the result will be better! The ground towards me is very uneven and the snaking is constant!

Definitely would be a better option to go with dual antenna.

Hello,

Your experience is interesting as there is a discussion about BNO085 here: BNO085 or BNO080 IMU - #7 by torriem. BNO085 as different fusion algorithm than BNO055 but don’t know if there is an improvement compare to what have been observed with BNO055 on AOG. What was observed with BNO055 ? Unstable values (like oscillating values) or stable value but drifting with time ?

What do you mean (not sure to correctly understant) ? Why an IMU couldn’t handle an tractor environment ?

Math

Hi, when saying “changed in ino as well”, do you refer to a previous version of AOG, or to the latest stable one 4.3.10?. In case so, which ino line needs to be modified and what?.
We have MMA8452 for roll and Imu Brick V2 for heading. When moving the tractor in Reverse, the world is rotating. Any idea on how to correct it?.
Many thanks!!

Definitely not 4.3.10 as post was written in December 2019. Don’t remember what exactly but at that time we had to manually change settings in the ino.

Hi, im just new in AOG , I tried to establish a connection between AOG V5.x and Brick V2: I found out that I need the UID from the Brick (OK - done), but I still haven’t found where to enter the UID; IO panel only wants the COM Port for the IMU ?
thanks

Unfortunately Brick V2 is not used with AGOPEN 5. You have to look for BNO 80/85, CMPS 14, possibly Vitmotion