IMU options, path forward?

Because Bno085 is tremendously more stable.

I keep finding the chips for sale just not breakout boards.

Stable is a pretty broad term and one I have found often on the forum to describe issues with the 055. I am looking for specific problems people have found. Jumping, loss of communication, un-reliable readings? Some issues like jumping could can be solved easily enough in software to filter out stray readings as mentioned above. Where as there is no easy way to filter out a roll of -2 that is suddenly +5 and stays near +5 and doesn’t return to -2 quickly.

I can’t follow why the combination BNO055 and MMA should not be suitable for V5. A standalone BNO055 for heading and roll OK, but in combination with MMA for roll - should work like in the versions before.

Well the install in machine will take longer, but for my 2nd pcb i orderd this.

Lets see what this can do. Or does anyone tried it before??

Buildin a anti theft device…and able to follow it in app.

2 Likes

it is already integrated in aog, you have an ino in the misc folder in the support archive.

What is? Imu or theft security

imu for witmotion

I dont think so, i gonna adjust code myself and see how it works. But i still need to get it. i just orderd yesterday.

I have the HMC5883L and then the Witmotion. The HMC5883L will be installed in tractor next week.
in simulator it worked very well. And the Witmotion i think i will get it in 2 or 3 weeks from now.

1 Like

Haha ok that good, cost me less coding.

I have 5 bno085s from adafruit coming if anyone needs, shoot me a PM

Do I spy a NEO-6m GPS in that case?

Spot on

Finally got some time to do some field testing of the FSM300 with Panda. Can confirm it works same of the BNO-080/085.

Hi all,

Just came across this IMU on the sparkfun website. I am by no means a coder nor do I expect this to be a drop in replacement, but would this fit the bill while we await the silicon gods to bestow more BNOs on us?: SparkFun 9DoF IMU Breakout - ISM330DHCX, MMC5983MA (Qwiic) - SEN-19895 - SparkFun Electronics

Cheers,