Inaccurate position signal while recording boundary contours

Hi! I have difficulties having a stable position signal and creating accurate boundary contours even in “rtk fix” mode. When I walk towards the corner of a field and turn, it alsways overshoots and creates something that looks like a sharkfin outside the actual field.
Using other gps software (e. g. QGis) the position signal seems to be accurate. Anyone here who can give a hint? Thank you!

A description of your system would be helpful. PCB type, gps modules, software & firmware versions. Also a description of the “walking around “ setup.

1 Like

Thank you chri5K!
my setup only consits of the ublox F9P (USB) and ublox antenna - no autosteer hardware. I have the Ag Open GPS version 5.6.2 installed.

Have you updated the f9p to 10hz

1 Like

Have you started with a new field? Was this field created in the simulator? You must start a new field with the GPS turned on or the simulator coordinates must be fairly close to the field. Also is your tool width set to the right width. Earlier versions would set the boundary to the edge of the tool.

1 Like

May want to try the latest software v6.3. It incorporates the work from the slow poke version of AOG. Since you are walking the fields also try setting the minimum speed to 0.1. Lastly, single antenna and no IMU the software doesn’t know you have turned until the next fix to fix position is calculated.

1 Like

Also, check out the excellent training videos put out by Andy. Particularly the one on fields operations.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1N2N2XFHWW1fIDhb7koOa7hxH0LGppYc

1 Like

Thank you del_boy for that hint!
Can you please give me an orienation where I can find this setting? And what would be the old frequency?

Its in the configuration files.
Have you downloaded and installed the latest configomatic program that has all the files on

1 Like