Injekt RTCM 1008

Yes write() is just fine with a zero-length byte array.

What was the traceback for the latest IndexError exception?

One strategy you could use would be to put a try/except block around everything after the preamble loop. I recommend only catching the IndexError exception, though, lest we hide other problems or bugs. After catching the IndexError exception just maybe make a note in the log with sys.stderr, and then let it loop back around to the preamble again. As you say all it would do is lose or corrupt a packet.

The addrtcm1008.py seems to work well now after the 2 bugs were fixed:

The first one made it to read too much data if the 6 bits before Message Length data was not 0.
Te second caused an IndexError of Message Length was 0.

Now it has been running about 100 hours on my Raspberry Pi without any errors. So it should be OK.

1 Like

so, is the bug fix also available in eringerli github ?

New RTKLIB b34 can insert 1008 + 1230 messages.
I create 2 different mountpoint: old RTCM 3.2 and new RTCM 3.3 MSM7 and its works with Trimble

3 Likes

@arkeston do you use F9P with Windows PC and which Trimble devices have you tested with and what is your Mountpoint if you want to tell it, thanks in advance

@arkeston does this work with the official release demo5 B33e?
Or we have to use the b34 version onGithub/demo5 b34 dev?

@pniels the RTKLIB softwares with graphical interface work only on windows. But there are also apps version without GUI for linux
here is my post with an RTKLIB software installed on a raspberryPi4.

RTKbase will maybe also be able to inject 1008 message? @Stefal can you give some details?

I just installed RTKLIB 2.4.3 b34, looks like it is running on Mountpoint PNRTK, there are some who can check with a Trimble for fun.

The next RTKBase release will use rtklib 2.4.3-b34 so my answer is yes!

2 Likes

I use ZEDF9P(ardusimple board) on Windows PC and SNIP software (NTRIP server).
STRSVR get the UBLOX RTCM 3.3 (1005(1), 1077(1), 1078(1), 1097(1), 1127(1), 1230 (1), 4072(1) and flow to two mountpoints with different names to SNIP server.
1st stream (RTCM 3.2) - 1004(1),1006(10),1008(10),1012(1),1033(10),1230(10) with option “-opt TADJ=1.500”.
2nd stream RTCM 3.3 MSM7 - 1005(10),1008(10),1077(1),1087(1),1097(1),1127(1),1230(10)
Cos I’m geodesist i have tested in with my Trimble based geodetic recievers South S86t (based on old Trimble BD960 board with GPS+GLO support) and South S660 (based on Trimble BD970 GPS+GLO+BDS support).
Old trimble device BD960 based have a FIX on stream RTCM 3.2
Trimble BD970 based board have a FIX on stream RTCM 3.3 MSM7.
Both of two sreams have a FIX with Emlid devices Reach RS (M8P L1 based) and ReachRS2 (ZEDF9P based).

1 Like

I used a b34 GitHub - tomojitakasu/RTKLIB_bin at rtklib_2.4.3
And this version of RTKLIB could inject/create 1008 and 1230 messages.
No need to use python script.

1 Like

@arkeston One of my mountpoints (PNRTK) I send directly from STRSVR to rtk2go.com

Cos I have white IP address, I used SNIP lite (free version) for my needs.

@arkeston Not quite sure what you mean by a white ip, but STRSVR can send data to rtk2go.com as long as you have internet and you can access it via rtk2go.com or is there something I have misunderstood

Does he mean a static IP adress? :thinking:

1 Like

Has anyone managed to get an f9p to send corrections to a topcon (eg. AGI-3) receiver mabe via strsvr?

My advice to help you:
If you have correction stream from base station, that works with Topcon (or whatever else), install SNIP, and redirect correction stream via STRSRV to SNIP.
In SNIP you can view what types of RTCM messages in stream(RTCM viewer).
I paid one day of correction service in my country, used strsvr as client (also used NTRIP Relay | Lefebure) and redirect to SNIP.
After that you can try to create/inject necessary RTCM messages in your own correction stream via STRSRV.

Maybe this information can help those who can not get Trimble on their own F9P base station
What is ADVNULLANTENNA - SNIP Support (use-snip.com)

1 Like

That’s right! But you need PFAT so you need have to buy SNIP licence (~830$) and have some machine to run SNIP…

I’m using Stefal’s RTKBase ant it work preatty well. Sometime it lose fix (under trees/bridges) but it quickle get fix again.

@kurak Now I use STRSVR 2.4.3 b34 to insert ADVNULLANTENNA before it is sent to SNIP or directly to RTK2go.com, use only free SNIP, only now I became aware of this option.

I’m planing to have own snip caster (with licence). In that way I would use every message what I need. It costs but maybe it’ll be worth it. I didn’t try latest version rtklib, but I’m gonna :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like