Injekt RTCM 1008

OK, I was trying couple of ways to figure out what is going on. My conclusion:

It work without deleting anything in program, BUT, antena descrition need to be ADVNULLANTENNA, only with this phrase it works.

I’ve removed “-i” parametr from script and it work as well as with this parametr.

So, for Trimble antena descritor need to be ADVNULLANTENNA, in otherwise it won’t work.

Thanks for help :slight_smile: :beers:

I’m glad it works! :slight_smile: :+1:

Now I have to decide if I set the default antenna descriptor value to ADVNULLANTENNA for the next release. I’m not sure it’s a good idea to change this only for a specific brand because what would we have to do if another brand need a different value … :thinking:

I had an absolute whale of a time today trying to set up a stream for a Trimble FMX. I’m writing these instructions because I couldn’t find a single clear source anywhere on the internet for using the RTKLIB strsvr to insert a correct 1008 message. So here goes:

Set your input and output streams in strsvr. In my case input was a COM port and output was NTRIP server to a remote caster.
On the output row, press the button in the ‘conv’ column to bring up the conversion options screen. Here, check the ‘conversion from’ box and select RTCM3 in the 2 drop-downs. In the message types box, type the messages that you already have, as well as any additional messages. If your base station is working at 1hz then the number in brackets should be 1, which is the time interval in seconds. In this case I have written all my usual messages, plus 1008.

1005(1), 1008(1), 1074(1), 1077(1), 1084(1), 1087(1), 1094(1), 1097(1), 1124(1), 1127(1), 1230(1), 4072(1)

Exit the window and then go to the main options for strsvr, the button in the middle at the bottom.

Check the ‘station ID’ box
Input the precise co-ordinates inn lat/lon/height format. I used 8 decimal places.
Make sure the offset fields are all 0
In ‘Antenna Info’ input ADVNULLANTENNA
You can leave everything else blank.
Hit OK, then start.
Your Trimble rover should now accept a correction stream from your F9P using only standard, free software and hardware.

4 Likes

So, did you replaced the antenna + receiver from your FMX set-up to F9P antenna+receiver ?

No, standard FMX receiver and antenna. All that was changed on the FMX was to change ntrip settings from the old service to mine.

Ok, so you have your how stream from an F9P and used it to an FMX setup!

I’m not sure what you mean?
I’m using the F9P to provide an RTK correction signal, not actual position data.

Did you mean “your own stream”? I believe it is so, except that F9P itself is not able to inject RTCM1008 but RTKLIB does that.

See from 9:30

thanks to everyone in this thread/openag and RTKonnect. I can confirm that RTKbase will work with Trimble 372.

ZED-F9P → RTKbase → RTK2go → Lefebure NTRIP client(android phone) → RTKonnect(bluetooth) → Trimble 372

372 firmware 8.3
RTKbase version 2.2.0
survey/post process base accurate to 3mm
**Note: the 372 takes about 10 minutes to calculate RTK. you will only have DGPS until then.

received_454293219337039
162069350_3684212401804392_1894491596580714851_n 162061234_803822110236215_5100499022487733897_n

5 Likes

Couple of comparisons to our setup. First off congrats on getting it to work, it’s a great feeling when you see that Rtk fix hit! Do you have your xfill setup? If you set it up it will give you 20 mins if you loose connection to base. Second thought is we set our port C in and out to 38400, pretty sure rtk2go broadcasts at 38400 and that might save you some cell data. It should get you Rtk in about 3-5 mins but I have never actually timed it so maybe it’s longer. I don’t know what version of rtkonnect you have but ours will do what lefebure is doing so you could eliminate the lefebure part of equation, ours goes cell hotspot to rtkonnect plugged directly into 372. Rtkonnect is the ntrip client. Again congrats, if you have any questions I can help you with let me know

1 Like

was looking at the xfill in the settings and was wondering how that would work, when reading on the trimble site about it they started talking about a annual subscription for it, so i wasnt sure if it would work or not

Once you have Rtk lock for a certain amount of time it will give you 20 mins of xfill if you lose that Rtk fix. You need to set it up to come on when Rtk lost,also a çouple yeàrs ago they changed the baud rate and frequency but if you Google xfill you will find settings for it. I highly recommend it because if you lose cell service for a bit you don’t want to have to wait for Rtk to reconnect. Also did you set your Rtk time out to 240 seconds. I think it’s factory set at 60 seconds

3 Likes

I must have misunderstood something. Why would it take 10 minutes for the 372 to obtain RTK fix? It should not take more than a couple of seconds from the point of receiving all necessary correction messages.

Interesting that Trimble is here so open that it allows RTK correction data from the Android phone when almost anything else is locked to Trimble products. This is very good.

it could of been taking that long because the antenna was on the back deck and did not have the best view of the sky. I did not time it but it was long enough that I thought it was important to note it. it will hopefully be faster when we re-install the antenna on the sprayer.

Trimble actually sells there own Bluetooth adapter

Once the 372 has acquired WAAS, it then takes only tens of seconds to achieve RTK for me.

Occasionally it just won’t get RTK for me, and I have to go back to WAAS and wait for DGPS and then select RTK and it goes again quickly.

Is that just a bug, why would WAAS speed up RTK fix in any way? For us it takes quite a long time to get EGNOS correction because of the very low datarate from EGNOS satellites. RTK takes seconds from a complete set of correction messages (dual frequency receiver at a decent range from the base).

You’re right it doesn’t make sense. I must be incorrect. There’s no EGNOS at all in Australia and I’m quite sure RTK works fine for them.

It could just be that the 372 just needs to observe long enough to get a good track on the satellites and then it can apply the RTK calculations quickly.

It will take several minutes to get a fix if the ephemeris data is not present in the receiver memory. This might be possible if the internal battery of of the receiver is dead or if the receiver has not been turned on for a long time. I have understood that it takes 12,5 minutes to receive the full ephemeris and almanac data from the satellites.

Most of the base stations do not broadcast the ephemeris data (RTCM 1019 for GPS and RTCM 1020 for GLONASS). Some CORS stations do, but the interval for these messages is usually pretty high 60 -120 seconds.

For this very same reason in RtkLib rtknavi you can not a get a fix unless you also stream the RTCM3EPH as a correction input.

I had a Trimble 252 RTK some years ago. There was some discussion about the internal battery issue back then at:
https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=599016&DisplayType=flat&setCookie=1

2 Likes

Xfill will work!

Just go to Trimbles website, find the most recent frequency map. Enter the frequency displayed on the map for your region. They seem to change it every couple years for a service call.

Global_Coverage_RTX_1220

USA, Canada RTXNA 1555.8080 2400 July 1, 2019

When I set up a personal cellular base for my friend we tried it and it worked. He had a old frequency entered, once the new frequency was entered RTX fallback started working. Not that he really needs it, he gets great cell service.

1 Like