Injekt RTCM 1008

@arkeston Not quite sure what you mean by a white ip, but STRSVR can send data to rtk2go.com as long as you have internet and you can access it via rtk2go.com or is there something I have misunderstood

Does he mean a static IP adress? :thinking:

1 Like

Has anyone managed to get an f9p to send corrections to a topcon (eg. AGI-3) receiver mabe via strsvr?

My advice to help you:
If you have correction stream from base station, that works with Topcon (or whatever else), install SNIP, and redirect correction stream via STRSRV to SNIP.
In SNIP you can view what types of RTCM messages in stream(RTCM viewer).
I paid one day of correction service in my country, used strsvr as client (also used NTRIP Relay | Lefebure) and redirect to SNIP.
After that you can try to create/inject necessary RTCM messages in your own correction stream via STRSRV.

Maybe this information can help those who can not get Trimble on their own F9P base station
What is ADVNULLANTENNA - SNIP Support (use-snip.com)

1 Like

Thatā€™s right! But you need PFAT so you need have to buy SNIP licence (~830$) and have some machine to run SNIPā€¦

Iā€™m using Stefalā€™s RTKBase ant it work preatty well. Sometime it lose fix (under trees/bridges) but it quickle get fix again.

@kurak Now I use STRSVR 2.4.3 b34 to insert ADVNULLANTENNA before it is sent to SNIP or directly to RTK2go.com, use only free SNIP, only now I became aware of this option.

Iā€™m planing to have own snip caster (with licence). In that way I would use every message what I need. It costs but maybe itā€™ll be worth it. I didnā€™t try latest version rtklib, but Iā€™m gonna :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@kurak If you have a fixed public IP address, you can in theory only use STRSVR

I have public IP but itā€™s not as simple as it look like. Iā€™ve tryed do it but with no succes. Other thing is, connection, sometimes I have black outā€¦ using virtual machine from some service with pubkic IP is better solution because I donā€™t need to worry about electricy and net.

Private caster should not be that complicated if you have a public IP address. Experts at the forum could help you if you have any problems there.

I donā€™t understand how some external service would help if you lose power at the base. Do you mean you IP address changes at recovery from power loss? DDNS would solve that issue (for most cases).

Donā€™t you think public IP being sufficient, a fixed public IP would just be a bonus, makes things easier.
$830 for inserting an RTCM message or something like that is way too expensive in my opinion when free options exist. AgOpenGPS is free for us and gives so much more than an app adding a message to the RTCM stream.

@NorthernFarmer I have AOG to run directly to STRSVR, works fine if the mobile connection is ok, the only thing I have set up in STRSVR is a TCP server on port 2102, and opened the port in my router to the ip on which STRSVR run on.tcp

in this case it is not a private caster but a TCP connection

1 Like

Most of time my internet connection is stable, but it happeans is unstable. Iā€™m sending from base to rtk2go via mobile (I have free sim with internet connection) so even blackout wouldnā€™t disturb propery work.
My point is to have independance snip caster with couple base station.

Having free base station via str2str is the best option for now, but I have some experience with Trimble and TopCon, sometime it lose fix and I donā€™t know why. My base is ā€œseeingā€ about 35-40 satelites, rover on Trimble without fix have 20-22, when get fix it use only 9-14 satelitesā€¦ I donā€™t know why is that but in my opinion this is problem whay it loses fixā€¦

@TERVUREN works fine with AOG, know well there are others who can look with if they know my ip.

Since the F9P is basically sending blank 1230 message types from the base station, itā€™s unlikely any non-F9P rover is using Glonass in the fix. That explains the number of satellites in the RTK fix. Trimble and TopCon will only see the GPS observations from your F9P base station. Hope that makes sense.

This issue has been raised with ublox, but they donā€™t have any plan to send real phase code bias messages since itā€™s not required when using F9Ps for the rovers also. The fact that receiver phase code biases have to be transmitted to rovers as well as the Glonass MSM observations is because of the way Glonass is designed. None of the other constellations require this.

@kurak

Find an old UPS (uninterrupted power supply) and hook the caster and your modem and router to it. I my experience the batteries donā€™t last long enough. I hooked an old car battery to mine and now it runs 12hrs plus.

Thatā€™s correct, but I still will have unfull messages from F9P. Using SNIP I can add what I want. For now it workā€™s fine so this idea is for future. However Iā€™m still looking for other solutions to have correct RTCM for Trimble with F9P.

Use GitHub - eringerli/RpiNtripBase on a Raspberry Pi. It works with Trimble, is very stable and a Raspberry is cheap.

I use this way since springā€¦