Integrated ethernet on pcb

What is the difference between “12 V out” and “12 V out SW” on the Koupoi board

Didn’t look at the traces, but I’m sure 12v out is from input voltage direct, and 12v sw is energized with the relay. I’ll take a look at the board to confirm

i just checked and the 12 v out is powered by relay but didnt get anything from the out SW with relay powered or not maybe im missing something

Does it need some device in the BTS 422E2
But it looks like your using it to power your dual board so you must have power their

Yes, power dual board off of one of the 12v out on autosteer board. What’s the bts 422e2 ?

I dont have any power at the 12 V out SW just the plain 12 V out their is a spot for something o the Kaupoi board for something called BTS422E2 looks like it jumps power to the 12 V out SW

I never looked at that close enough. It looks like a relay or switch goes there. Looks like we can just jumper the bottom 2 pins on the left, or the inward most 2 pins on the 3 pin side.
Glad you saw that, mine was dead on the other 2 outputs, and I didn’t know why. I just put a jumper from one of the others. Have to go back and fix that.
Maybe Kaupoi will enlighten us as to the part number

Oh i see. I didnt see the jumper i guess

20210417_174118
I circled in yellow the two I believe will get us going

AAh. Also when i pull up the web interface i would appreciate some advice about what works for you. Do i basically just put in my antenna distance from each other, then half in the movement to the left. And then my heighth. And then leave height in AOG is zero? Thanks.

Leave your height and virtual offset at zero, and put them in AOG.your offset in AOG will be a negative number in cm. That way if you lose rtk, the tractor will only move the correction amount instead of jumping half the anntenna distance.
Also set data transfer to ethernet.
I set wifi timeout time to 255 to start with, so I can use the web interface to make changes until everything is set, then set it back to 10 minutes, so it’s not using processor all the time.
Correction. Put anntenna hight in esp and zero in AOG, as it calculates roll before sending it to AOG

BTS442E

More on this topic:

1 Like

Is there something that will work in place of the BTS422E2, it’s not readily available in the US ?
Thanks for telling us about this little surprise. I have been using a opto relay to send 12v to my danfoss valve. If I understand correctly, this will power those 2 terminals when I engage steer switch ? I noticed the traces go to a location under nano. Do I just jumper to the one I want to use in that place ?

IMG_0067
I’m putting together one for my planter tractor, to install after planting. I want to put them in a clear top box side by side instead of stacked. I moved the botblox switch over and drilled holes for it, so its beside the nano. Now I can see all the status LED’s on everything.

I haven’t found a shallow box with clear top that is roughly 7x9 inches and 3 inches deep.
If anyone has any suggestions, please reply.

3 Likes

Tupperware or similar container?

Ya, maybe small cake size might do.

will this unit stay on your planter tractor or shall it used on others, too?

Its permanent
I built one for each tractor

Little bit too big, but fits :wink:

This one should fit.

The second one would be great. Having trouble finding it in the US, so far.