Integrated ethernet on pcb

I’ve tried to find perfect connector many times during couple years now, but it’s a unicorn :laughing: :grimacing:
So I just use SP13, SP2110 and SuperSeal connectors then.

20200104_174044crop

On PCB I use JST NV (5,0mm) or JST XH (2,5mm) mostly. I don’t like screw terminals.

20200716_113620

2 Likes

If you need ecu type connector:

TE connectivity Leavyseal 2.8 size (up to 40 A)

21 pin flange male: part number 1-2112162-1

21 pin socket female: part number 1-1534127-1

backshell 21 pin socket: part number 9-1394050-1

locking slide for flange male (up to 2.5mm): part number 2112166-1

then you need amp mpc contact crimp male and female.

1 Like

I only use 1 Sp 29 16 pin connector. The other 2 cables are USB and tablet

2 Likes

I don’t care for them either, but it’s better than soldering direct, like I have it now. I like the lookmof the JST connectors. I have a Deutsch 12 connector in my box, and all leads that come to the tractor side, I have in weatherpack. So tractor to weatherpack, to Deutsch. Mess.

2 Likes

I like those, except they require a lot of force to plug and unplug. I’m always worried about breaking the back of my box out with the Deutsch. That Bosch lever draws the plug together and away, like the newer hydraulic header couplers.

1 Like

That’s where I keep ending up. Aside from trying to get them oriented from behind the box, in the corner behind the seat, I like them. They draw the connections together and apart without having to put a bunch of force on the box

1 Like

IMG_4039

Okay, here are the dimensions for the 12-19v converter.
Kaupoi, if you will add these, I think we are ready to get boards ordered.
I still haven’t heard from Benjamin, Does anyone know how to get in touch with him ?
We need to know if he got the rx and tx corrected for Matthias’ code, and if anyone is using it without any problems.
Kansasfarmer, did you order any of the dual gps boards yet ? Are you on Telegram, where we can private message ?

1 Like

How would you like to supply power to the converter? Straight from the battery or through the relay at the PCB?

I think it would serve most people best if it came through the relay. What do you think ?

Sounds good.

Had to rotate the DC module since the screw terminals were getting too close to the edge. Mounting holes for module are 3,2mm diameter.

KaupoiEthMODv1.1.1_20210322

There is so much wasted space … :roll_eyes:

I liked the other way better. There is still room from the edge to connect and make a 90. We will want that blank space in the future, I’m sure.

Gerber files for v1.1.1 Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Great, Thanks. I will get them coming. If need be, I’ll swap the screw connectors with JST.

Edit
Uploaded the gerber and it is the one in the middle. PNG is the other
This one will work best, I think

2 Likes

IMG_4054

Got the BotBlox SwitchBlox ethernet switches today. They look well made. Kaupoi ethernet AOG pcb’s should be here tomorrow or Friday.

3 Likes

IMG_0015
Haven’t had time to finish, but this is what I have so far. Length came out to the same as Brian’s psb v2
Bottom right is 19v power supply for tablet
Upper right is transistor level shifter that Brian suggested to run the Danfoss, instead of a motor driver. Just put it on to test.IMG_0023
View recent photos
Got it all put together. I’ll try to get it tested tomorrow

4 Likes

I cant wait to get a setup like this in our tractors. post lots of pics if you can

Will do. I posted on Benjamin’s post for the dual pcb. I want to put taller headers on the f9p’s to get a little more clearance between the antenna of the f9p and the ethernet port, but dont know what to order.
I will try to get this one tested tomorrow, if possible, then I think we need to do a little re-arranging on Kaupoi’s board. I want to test the transistor circuit to decide whether to keep it or not. If it works, I would like to integrate it into the top board and move the ethernet switch over top of it, to reduce the overall height.
Still lots to do, but coming along.
Edit
Got autosteer going fine, but haven’t gotten the GPS board working yet.
The power out pins by the capacitors, and the one adjacent to it on the autosteer board are dead. I jumped the relay, since I have it on a switch. Was wondering if that may have been it.
The transistor module works, but only goes from 5.8v to 7.9. Could change resistors, maybe. But not enough voltage range to be functional. Everything else works, including the ethernet switch.
Just need to spend some time with the GPS, and find out why it’s not working, and why there is no power to esp32, without usb.

1 Like

IMG_0039 IMG_0040 IMG_0041
Okay, got dual working with heading and roll. Rtk is not working. I’ll do some more looking into that.
I put GPS board on top, so I can get to the USB ports, if needed. Put a short USB cable on the nano, so I can load ino, if needed.
I have GPS on wifi right now, have been unsuccessful in getting Matthias’ latest to load. Keeps saying a folder is missing. I’ll post a picture of it in a little bit.
Also switched back to cytron driver. I want to mess with the transistor some more, but too close to needing the tractor.
Edit
It doesnt show rtk.
Cant get Mattias’ beta to do anything but search for wi-fi, and I dont know enough to fix it. GPS is still running off of older code and wi-fi

IMG_0050 IMG_0051 IMG_0053 IMG_0029 IMG_0031 IMG_0034
Top picture is the pin that has to be removed from tx2 of right, f9p header, so you can receive rtk, via radio tx.
Second is just a pic of rtk fix
Third is everything working off of a single ethernet cable
The others are just pictures of the Kaupoi autosteer board assembled. Since then, I have removed the yellow jumper wire where the relay goes, and put the relay in place. I didn’t have power on the lugs farthest from the input poles, and though that might be the problem. Make sure you check all of the 12v out pins for power when your finished to make sure.
Since we are using dual antenna, I only installed ads. No mma or bno. Use both of the 7805 regulators, and all capacitors and resistors, diodes, etc. I didn’t put the optocoupler in for remote( steering release encoder), I don’t have one installed, and dont plan to.
The power connection for the ethernet switch is right against the big relay, so use some forethought when assembling. If you use a screw terminal, make sure its facing away from the relay.
On the ethernet switch power wire, there are 4 wires, two sets of two. 2 ground and 2 power. I twisted both power wires together and tinned them, and the same with the ground. Just for durability.
I want to run this setup through planting, and then redraw everything, and try to tidy things up, and maybe condense a little. And am definatly going to get rid of the weatherpack connectors. They take up more room than the pcb’s.
The 19v power converter is not going to work. It just gets too hot. Trying to decide if I want to put it in the compartment with the steer module, or just run 12v to the tablet, and mount the molded regulator on the back of my table dock.
Any ethernet connection to any port on the switch. Doesnt matter to it.

2 Likes

Sounds like everything is goin good