Issue after using Configomatic

Hello, I used configomatic to configure my f9p, the problem is that it uses firmware version 1.33 which doesn’t support l band for some reason, so if I change the firmware to 1.32 which does support it, the AOG doesn’t see my gps anymore, and even if I try to configure the 1.32 version for l band it still doesn’t want to get a fix for some reason.

Check baud rate and port config on F9P.

What should I look for?

I dont know what board you using but check baud rate of uart(1 or 2) that you use for communication with teensy/esp32 and match it.
Also check uart(1 or 2) for messages requested by aog.

1 Like

I have a question about gps receiver firmware version that coinfigomatic flashes. Few days ago when I building RTK base I flashed latest firmware wich is 1.50.
All the tractors are using 1.13 firmware, I always used aog configomatic. Can this make problems in getting cm level accuracy and straight lines? And why it has to be 1.13 on AIO boards?

As far as I know it doesn’t have to be 1.13 on the aio boards, the only thing that matters for the aio boards is how the ports inside of u-center are setup, for this i took a photo of how the configomatic did the ports and then i flashed a newer firmware, did the ports an it worked. Also I don’t think 1.13 has an issue connecting to the base but if possible i guess you should try to get the newest rover firmware or one compatible with your base.

Try these ports with the newer version and it should connect to the aio.

1 Like

Setup files and firmware must match. I believe there are rover setup files for firmware 1.3 don’t know if yet made for firmware 1.5
You can select firmware config in configumatic too.
Different firmware on base and Rover should not be an issue, I use 1.13 as it can do 10 hz which 1.3 can not only 8 hz

1 Like

You’re right 1.50 has been released.

But in the limitations it says that update rates are lower than 1.32 which where already lower than 1.13

I think the F9P is used at his full power, every new feature comes at the expense for output rate.

For AOG rover only 1.13 is recommended.

1 Like

Okay so, for base firmware is not important, the newer the better?
But rovers should stay on 1.13 because of its output rate?