Issues getting started

you have to put all the files in the same folder, when arduino creates the new one, move the .h from the ADS to the same folder.

1 Like

Have you got this fixed yet?

No i haven’t had time to work at it yet

Make sure all of AgOpenGps is shut down before trying to send to arduino. Including agoi.

And the files must be kept together, but extracted.

You need to install the ADS1x15 library, it’s the arduino equivalent of a driver.

1 Like

I also found the the web based arduino ide just works without tracking down libraries, but requires internet connection to compile.

1 Like

Ok I got the arduino code uploaded, now I go into agopengps serial ports and connect it then there’s numbers that come up there constantly switching. What numbers do I want to see by the 70 there?20210810_150957

Don’t worry about numbers.

Connect your motor driver, open AOG and see if you can control the motor driver with it. Using the manual controls, see if the left / right LEDs light up on the Cytron when you manually steer the vehicle left and right.

If those LEDs work, then you have completed the most complicated part.

2 Likes

Can’t get that to work yet

You have to sort that out first.

Fix this and magic will start to happen, motors will start moving and things will start to make sense.

Your first problem does sound like you were connecting to the wrong COM port, but it’s just easier if you start again.

1. Uninstall / delete everything AOG.

2. Download the latest versions of AOG.

3. Attach your autosteer arduino to your computer, open the Arduino IDE, connect to the correct port and upload the relevant autosteer sketch.

Hang on… just thought of something. You DO have a wheel angle sensor attached, don’t you? If not, get one. If so, read on.

1. Open Serial Monitor on the correct port in the arduino IDE and move the wheel angle sensor, do the values change quite dramatically?

If yes;

1. Open AIO, connect autosteer to the correct port, ignore the other com ports.

2. Try to manually move the motor left / right using the slider in AOG.

Do the left / right LEDs light up on the Cytron board?

1 Like

Hi,
Having bit of a similar issue and wondering about the serial monitor showing reversed question marks and other odd symbols instead of proper values.

I am using KaupoiMOD v4 PCB, had it working with AOG V5.1.4 without BNO085 installed. Since module was out of stock for several months. Steering was working ,but not accurately. Didn’t play with the settings that much, tought that it wouldn’t work properly without the IMU
Now that I finally got the BNO module and installed it. the direction started to jumping around a lot. Practically its not possible to use at all

I don’t understand what setting I am missing?

Started debugging with Arduino IDEs serial monitor and it shows:
"
Error = 4
CMPS not connected or Found

Checking for BNO08x on 4A
Error = 0
BNO08X ADDRESs: 0x4A
BNO08X Ok.
¿¿ ¿▭G¿¿ ¿▭G¿¿ ¿▭G¿¿

The funny serial monitor symbols are good, the data is just hexadecimal.

Are the BNO heading and roll numbers in AgOpen good?

What about the other single antenna settings? You could post the vehicle file with all your settings too.

Seems that the direction is 90degrees wrong. Roll is actually pitch.
Is there a setting to adjust this, found only roll inverting from AOG?
Or need to change the mounting of the pcb from tractor? Its rather fixed, would like to avoid that :slight_smile:

After mounting the pcb to different orientation in the tractor, it started working properly.
Would be nice if orientation could be changed from settings. Propably possible from .ino, but I couldn’t figure it out.

1 Like

The following codes on line 155 in IMU_USB_V5_0

bno08xRoll = (bno08x.getRoll()) * CONST_180_DIVIDED_BY_PI; //Convert roll to degrees
//bno08xPitch = (bno08x.getPitch())* CONST_180_DIVIDED_BY_PI; // Convert pitch to degrees

I think it could be changed like this.

// bno08xRoll = (bno08x.getRoll()) * CONST_180_DIVIDED_BY_PI; //Convert roll to degrees
bno08xRoll = (bno08x.getPitch())* CONST_180_DIVIDED_BY_PI; // Convert pitch to degrees