John Deere 4045 CANBUS sniffing

I want to sniff the CANBUS messages on a John Deere 4045 fertilizer spreader. Can someone tell me where all the CANBUS access ports are located and what they are for? I haven’t been able to find much info on what’s what and which is which.

Hi @DarrylMcoder
The easier access to snif the can is on the EDL port. Should be behind the seat…

I’m also looking to sniff can on john deere exactapply sprayer, do you have a contact ?

cheers

Thanks. I did find a connector like your picture, but not behind the seat. It was to the drivers right, just beside the window. My project involves finding the CAN messages that are sent to extend the wheels. I was afraid there are several CAN buses and I would get the wrong one. I did now find a CAN ID that changes only when extending or retracting the wheels, so I must have the right one. Now to find the correct data to send….:smirk:

Not sure what you mean? If you were hoping I have one you can sniff CAN on, sorry. I only have access to the one belonging to my client and only occasionally.