John deere 8100 posible Hydraulic autosteering?

Hello, i have John Deere 8100. With Green star gen4 + Starfire6000 +ATU300. Problem is terible ATU300 working… if speed over 10km/h…Is it possible to add hydraulic auto steering to this tractor?

Hydraulic steering to use with AgOpenGPS? If so, yes, it certainly is possible. @Baraki sells a valve block made for this purpose. See the very long thread at Hydraulic valve assemblies for Every tractor, for every type of hydraulic system

Or if you mean use Deere Autotrac steering with a hydraulic block that is probably possible, but you’d need a John Deere valve and also a SSU module, so quite expensive.

There’s a John Deere hydraulic autotrac valve for that tractor. The kit includes a flow meter, SSU, and an encoder in the steering column. You’ll be able to use it with your existing greenstar. You can also use the valve and encoder with AOG, but AOG doesn’t require the SSU or flow meter so it’s less expensive to use a Baraki valve.

I want to use hydraulic steering for JD green star. As far as I know, this kit used to connect with JD Greenstar and work without problems - Autopilot Raven SmarTrax Steering Valve KIT | eBay However, they are no longer available for purchase, they used to cost about $2000. I wrote to the manufacturer, and they wrote that they are no longer made. If I understand a bit, I need an electro-hydraulic valve + angle sensor + a computer that controls all this, and connect it to my greenstar? Maybe someone can help me with this question? Maybe the same equipment as AgOpenGps is suitable for me? because as I understand is ISOBUS?

I want to use hydraulic steering for JD green star.
As far as I know, this kit used to connect with JD Greenstar and work without problems -

However, they are no longer available for purchase, they used to cost about $2000. I wrote to the manufacturer, and they wrote that they are no longer made.
If I understand a bit, I need an electro-hydraulic valve + angle sensor + a computer that controls all this, and connect it to my greenstar? Maybe someone can help me with this question? Maybe the same equipment as AgOpenGps is suitable for me? because as I understand is ISOBUS?

John Deere does not work with ISOBUS steering standards, unfortunately. Autotrac generally works only with Deere’s SSU. Agra-GPS does sell a “JD Bridge” that allows Autotrac to work with other brands’ steering controllers and valves, but that alone is about $3500 USD, and does not include the actual components you’d need such as the valve, sensors, and steering controller computer. The Agra-GPS bridge is actually an implementation of the John Deere SSU CAN bus protocol, which gives me hope that some day AOG can talk to a John Deere SSU directly, which would be amazing.

You can probably buy greenstar components from a 20 series tractor and retrofit them to the 8100. You’d need the electronic valve, the flow meter (used instead of WAS), the SSU, and of course the wiring harness. Very much doable, but probably for not less than $4000.

If you have the inclination to DIY, @Baraki’s valve combined with the all-in-one circuit board and AOG is a very compelling and much more affordable alternative to the entire Greenstar system. You could even use your existing Starfire (with SF1 or higher) to send GPS to AOG and you wouldn’t need an IMU since since the Starfire already does that internally. Starfire just needs to be configured to output NMEA on its serial port at 10 Hz (5 works but 10 is much better), and you can feed that directly into AOG via USB to serial. AOG cannot use the armrest button through CAN bus, but you could solder wires directly to it and run those to the AOG circuit board.

I already have a couple of RTK Agra-GPS CRG units on my John Deere systems, and I plan to use them with AOG for the same reason and since I already have them.

If you have a 3d printer, I have some wheel angle sensor files for you. https://github.com/WildBuckwheat/Deere-8x00-WAS

The metal plate fits under the fender bracket and the 3d printed bracket fits into the shaft retaining hole on the axle tube and secures with a hose clamp. This uses the Delphi sensor, a GM ride height sensor that you can get at Carquest or Napa or Amazon.

I am using this on a 8100 set on 90” spacing steered by an Trimble ez steer, and also on an 8300 on 60” spacing steered by the Deere autotrac valve.

IMG_3358

IMG_2546

IMG_2366

5 Likes

Nicely done!!

1 Like