John Deere 8320 hydraulic steering

23 / 5000
I did not translate correctly, the cnc is not my production, it is the Haas UMC 500

This is more than a hobby machine!!! Impressive!

How is this valve build coming along? I am looking for a good supplier…

After a couple months of research, I decided to change de plans and go with an electric steering instead. Mostly for safety reasons while road driving. Also, I tried several times to contact Fluid System with no reply. The Danfoss valve looks really nice, but was for me, a little overwhelming with the many options. So, I purchased a Keya CAN controlled electric motor. I am in the process of modifying the Arduino code to control the motor via CAN BUS. I am using Kaupoi’s PCB with minimal components since I will not be using the pwm motor controller. Ardusimple for the GPS and Honeywell RTY090LVNAX as WAS. I guess the topic title is irrelevant now…

Did you already succeed with the Keya CAN motor?

Also look in this thread, there is a esp32 “ino”

1 Like

Not yet, but on the bench, everything is working. I am in the process of installation on the tractor. I have to modify the steering column to fit the motor. I am waiting for the parts to arrive from the machine shop. I should get them in the following weeks. I will post my code once I get everything working on the tractor.

I am also building a WAS holder for a reliable installation.

Are you considering this option?

1 Like

The WAS holder I am building.

1 Like

For anyone else coming here, note that a standard hydraulic valve will probably not work on the 8x20 series. Read this post. If we get this figured out, I will post our list of parts and assembly.