KaupoiMOD PCB v2.0

Added a part list to https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao6_PnVNR5RXhI9jpnAUmugnmvs8vQ?e=ous5T3
There is still few extra parts, small ones, but nothing expensive. I added the standoffs for MD13s, MMA and ADS to the list.
At the moment those parts on the list(index 1-29) for PCB cost 118,72eur at Digikey.
I updated the assembly guide too Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Itā€™s alive! Had to order some of the parts from Mouser since out of stock from digikey. You can also find all three arduino boards from there (nano,mma8542 and ads1115), took the original arduino to be on the sade side.

For final install after testing, will probably get rid of the screw headers and solder directly from board to connectors in the case. Took the Amphenol C16 series 7 and 4 pin for the signal connectors, pretty similar to @Kaupoi design.

3 Likes

Do either of those pcb fab sites allow you to share a link to your order/design for others to re-order without knowing what options we need to select?

I canā€™t find such a feature on either site.
There really is no need to change default options. Just send gerber files and perhaps change colour if you like (green is easier to solder than black :smirk: ). Board dimensions are 99mm * 99mm.
Choose the delivery option you like (I prefer DHL express) and make an order.

I took screenshots of my order infos, but mostly really used just default settings.

1 Like

I appreciate the extra info, it should help increase the success rate for beginners.

what pcb design program do you use
I would be interested in working on my own

Eagle

thanks

Dear

First, wich arduino code must we use ?
what is brd and sch files ?

thanks
charles

Iā€™ve used official Autosteer_USB_4.3.10.ino.
Brd and sch are Eagle files. Not needed if you donā€™t want to modify PCB.

1 Like

Kaupoi on January 2020 you post the final assembly of your box :I am amazed ,so neet and "clean "
I would like a schema of the wiring you chose for each plug to the PCB
Am sure I am unable to reach such result
Many thanks in anycases
bruno

Thanks!
Hereā€™s schematics for a box with v3 pcb. Pinout is the same with all pcb versions.

Many thanks for the quick answer
Any differences between switch and button :each one just interrupt the circuit ? ( my english is not perfect )

Autosteer switch and button are connected the same way.
Hereā€™s schematics for a box with v4 pcb and 24v converter for electric motor.
https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ao6_PnVNR5RXhO5UNUg4VfWqm6Jfsw

I will add this schematic to the Support.zip. If you have any more assembly Pictures, etc please forward so i can add them

kaupoi ,
I made a error with a WAS sensor ,not the common one cause of the delay I ordered a "chinese "one with effet Hall

But cannot have the schematic for plugging : does any one has an idea to discriminate the +5v pin ,the ground pin ,and the third one that gives the info derivated from the angle (example 45Ā° gives 0,22v )
I never studied electronics , donā€™t know the good internet site

I have finished the cases with your help :not as nice as you ,but done properly
thanks anyway
bruno