KaupoiMOD PCB v3

Gerber files v3.0.1b: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Untested but should work.

1 Like

hello,
I collect components for pcb. Can I swap
VX78-1000
to
R-78E-1.0
or
AMSRB1-7805JZ
Look similar.

Thats interesting. I’d like to know too. Could someone confirm if they are the same?

Anyone tried this board in action yet? Would like to hear how it works.

I haven’t got all parts together, but as soon as everything is finished I’ll post my experience

1 Like

Finally ordered some PCBs. Butchered one of my boxes and replaced pcb v1 with pcb v3.0.2.
20200717_101603 20200717_161753

Back yard testing showed up promising; BNO055 seems quite stable.

Drove some circles and IMU reading showed 361-365° per circle.
Planning to test it during harvest season at combine to see, if it really works.

I made a few more small cosmetic changes, and uploaded gerber files, partslist and other stuff to here Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

KaupoiMOD PCB v3.0.3KaupoiMOD_PCBv303

5 Likes

Looks great. I,m planning to build your board next.
Do you have a part number for the USB cable you are using ?

Thanks.
Ordered that usb cable from Aliexpress long time ago.

Thanks.

Longest cable I’ve used is about 3m. Wire diameter 1,5mm2.

I think MMA and BNO needs to be horizontal.

Hello KAUPOI.
Congratulations on your work and thank you for sharing it.
Can you tell us what the differences are between your PCB (v3) and Brian’s v2.
Thank you.

Thanks!

Obviously Brian’s PCB is bigger (149.20mm * 100.94mm vs. 99.67mm * 99.67mm) and therefore probably easier to solder. There are virtually no differences in the wiring diagram, so both work the same way. There are some differences in the location and layout of the connectors.
My version has mounting holes for MMA and ADS for sturdy mounting. There is also a fixed place for BNO on my board.

1 Like

Couple photos
20200716_113620 20200716_163006

2 Likes

Do you find the VX7805 stable enough for the WAS? Also, somewhere I heard/read that R9, the 330 ohm pulldown on the ADS A1 input (WAS differential 2nd input) was detrimental, is that true?

Also, compared to your v2 pcb, what differences are there? I see some connecters moved and you added BNO mounting/connections?

The VX7805 has worked well. Or at least I haven’t noticed it causing any problems. Do you know if there is something more suitable than VX7805?

About R9 I really don’t know. All my setups work well at differential mode. I would love to hear if anyone has any information on this.

Yes…
You can find information about all the changes in my previous posts above.
And lastly, in version 3.0.3, I added markings for component locations.

Hello! No problem with usb connection? Isn’t the connection lost while charging? How did you solve the tablet charge? Thanks

No connection problems. Tablet is charged with cigarette lighter charger.

Hi, Im building your pcb, congrats on a great work, I’m from Argentina, the thing is I’m finding VERY difficult to find the VX7805, and ordering from digickey cost me around usd50 (?!), That’s just crazy is there another regulator that could.do the job? The lm7805 is widely available but I don’t know if it could work…

I am using lm 7805 on my pcbv2, there seems no real heating issue, even without cooling plate on them. They are only “finger hot”
But plan was originally to add cooling finns on both of them.

1 Like