KaupoiMOD PCB v4

So I think I’ll go with the BTS442 on the high side then. Thanks everyone.
Do I need a heatsink on BTS442 if it’s supplying MD13 and electric steering motor?

Did I get it right this time? :slight_smile:

mosfet20210222

No additional resistors needed?

Looks ok to me, do you need a protection diode? for when the coil turns off?

Edit: just checked it’s built in so that’s not a problem :+1:

1 Like

Hi
It seam that the Infineon BTS442 is obsolete at Digikey and Mouser?

Good hint! I checked on the Infineon page and found two non-SMD candidates:
grafik

The BTS50055 is available from Mouser and digikey.

Minimal connections:
1, 2, 6, 7 to 6/2-valve
3 to Nano via NPN/N-channel transistor (switched to Battery- = on)
4 Battery+ (supply voltage)
5 not connected here

Seems, the BTS442 is a China clone like the ones used in the China-IBT-2 (the original IBT-2 is really unbreakable)!

I think it’s ready for testing.

KaupoiMODbrd_v4_1

KaupoiMODsch_v4_1

KaupoiMODbrd_v4_1_top

5 Likes

This is great. Nice design. I have been looking at modifying your pcb v2 to incorporate ethernet switch on an extended pcb. I’m trying to get rid of a bunch of wiring and the bulk of the ethernet switch. I just got a look at this one of yours, and you have added a can connection.
I could put the ethernet switch into the GPS pcb and put a header pin under your can connection and stack your board onto gps board and have everything without having to make a pcb.
Would you look at my post and let me know if you see any problems with theory ?
It’s under “Integrated ethernet on pcb”
Thanks

That only adds one connection. I want a switch to connect nano, GPS, and have extra for implement control, all with only one network cable to tablet. I posted a picture on “Integrated ethernet on pcb” of one that looks like it would work.

Gerber files for KaupoiMOD v4.1 can be found from: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao6_PnVNR5RXhONEzuKXPEnrLXZkyQ?e=eobmYy

Can you save as .brd or .sch so I can open it ?

.brd and .sch added…

I’m trying pcb artist. If I get it roughed in, can you clean it up ?

1 Like

Just received some v4.1 boards…

CCI24032021_00000

10 Likes

Hello, I am in the process of assembling this PCB.
I would like to connect the following to the PCB: Cytron, Ethernet, WAS, ADS1115, Steer Switch.

CMPS14 is not needed because I want to use DualHeading.

Is it ok if I leave K4, BTS422E2, BNO08x, CMPS14 and IMU unassembled?

I also have a few questions. What exactly is connected at [on-off], Steer, IMP, Remote, AUX_A/D, CAN, [Out12V], [SW Out 12V]?

Sorry for all the probably stupid questions.
During assembly, I noticed that R8 on the board is labelled 0 Ohm instead of 47 Ohm.

I’ll answer what I can for you.
Yes leave unassembled all the unused, just make sure all capacitors, diodes, resistors, and both 7805 voltage regulators and LED are assembled.
R8 is a wire. If you assemble resistors 1st, you will have the end off of one for the R8 jumper.
On-off is just a switch to close that circuit to energize the big relay to power the pcb.
Steer is optional. Button for momentary contact to engage autosteer. Can use touch screen instead.
Remote is for disengage if the steering wheel is turned.
Only use com and 0 on switches. Should watch some of the assembly videos, if you haven’t assembled before.

I recommend using K4 (relay), but if you don’t, you need to supply power to one of the 12v Out pins.

The 12 V Out pins are for powering the MD13S, 12 V to 24 V converter … and so on.

BTS442E2 is needed, if you want to use Sw Out 12V pins.

Sw Out +12v pin can be used for 6/2-valve (optional) to connect hydraulic steering valve lines to the steering cylinder when autosteering is enabled. Sw Out +12V pin provides +12volts when autosteering is enabled.
I’m not sure, but Sw Out +12v might also be used to supply +12V to MD13S to prevent it’s braking feature when powered but not having any pwm signal coming in. Could someone correct me if I’m wrong?
SJ1 jumper needs to be soldered regarding which motor controlled used.

If you want to use Sw Out 12V as a normal 12V output, you can leave BTS442E2 out and add a thick jumper wire between the pins shown on photo below.
ef2e14065d5fd2c8dcf5a984ed89e311d09bb4c7

Steer is for autosteer switch/button.
Imp is for workswitch.
Remote is for turn sensor/pressure sensor.

Analog in/CAN/Aux A/D connectors are there for just in case. I would like to hear if someone finds a use for them :slight_smile:

You can leave the R8 empty if you use a simple 2-pole on-off switch on the Streer, Imp and Remote.

EDIT: Corrected wrong part name

1 Like

Thank you for your explanation.
This PCB is awesome.
I have now used a wire jumper instead of a resistor on the R8. Is this ok?
I would like to use the SW Out function. Unfortunately I can not find a source to buy the BTS422E2. Do you have a recommendation for this?

I also have a question about the connection of the MD13S. Would this connection to the board be correct?
PCB __ MD13S
GND → GND
DIR1 → DIR
PWM1 → PWM
PWM2 at MD13S and NC at MD13S not connected

Is the bts432e2 maybe an option?

EDIT 5.12.2021 Corrected the wrong part number

Thank you.
Wire jumper at R8 is ok.
BTS442E2 can be found from AliExpress. There are couple links to AliE in PartsList_KaupoiMODv4_1.xlsx at KaupoiMOD v4 folder. Click the url at my first post.

—MD13S—
Näyttökuva 2021-04-18 212639
-----PCB-----

Well, they really look similar!

Hope someone can confirm this.