Landrover WAS

Hi,
I’m trying to use the landrover height sensor as a was and have purchased a pre made plug from ebay. My plug has wires in pins 2,3 & 6 whereas all examples I have seen on here use pins 1,4& 5.

Can I use the 2,3 & 6 pins? If so which pins corresponds to +, - & signal?

Thanks

I think the 6 pin sensors are fully redundant so you should be able to use those pins. If I was to guess, the pinout would be the in same orientation(if that makes sense) but hopefully someone who knows for sure can confirm.

This very question was asked very recently but i cant remember where i read it. Have you tried the search function

Thank you both for your replies. I did try the search but couldnt find anything. Can i damage the sensor if i just try all the combinations?

1 Like

My thoughts were incorrect. I tried with a sensor I have and didn’t have any luck. (Pin 6-ground, Pin 2-5v, Pin 3-signal) it doesn’t seem to have damaged the sensor, but I couldn’t say for sure trying all the other combinations.

I’m sure this is something you have already thought about, but just double check you are looking at your plug in the correct orientation (ex: pins 1,4,5 are the same as the 2,3,6 if you are accidentally looking at it upside down). If that is correct, do you think there is any chance you could get the wires pulled out of the plug and put them in the spots you need them in? Unless of course someone else knows a pinout for the other 3 pins that works, good luck :smiley:

Thank you, i tried various combinations too and couldnt get it to work. I will try and see if i can work out removing the pins in the plug otherwise i will just purchase another.

Thanks again for your help.

1 Like

Update: swapped the pins in the plug and is now working. Thanks all for your help

2 Likes