Lost comm ports

What does it show in windows device manager under ports?

If you click the gears in agio there is a link to it.

1 Like

Hi. I have a problem that affects me already in the next tablet. At first I thought it was zed f9p’s fault, but replacing the module did not help. the tractor swings visually as in the movie. Changing the tablet to panasonic and everything works smoothly.
is aware this is a damage to the Com port. how to protect yourself against it.

One way is to use externaly powered usb/ethernet hub and have data only or normal ethernet cable going back to tablet.

If it was damaged you would not receive data. Check if your baudrate is set at least 115200 in AgIO, is proper config loaded into rtk board when too many messages are on it can slow down aog.

baud rate and f9p configuration are good. before this accident, my brother and I shared about 150ha of corn. it happened suddenly. I use USB because they are simple. I still have a lot to learn about UDP and wait for more detailed guidance from you, dear colleagues of the AgOpenGps community

Try open u-center or some other program that supports rtk and see if it jump around like that. Comm port either works or not it hardly can produce that result. If you say that on other tablet it works good then it must be software problem try removing all aog files/ try different version.

I also use USB they are super easy to connect cheap and available and have power, just look up some PoE cost and you will see why there is no UDP PoE setup for now.

I understand that from development standpoint its easy to go UDP only but that makes AOG learning curve even steeper for beginners having to learn networks and stuff vs plug an go usb.

But I dislike cables in general if there was easy way to make full wireless setup that would be best.

Heres a pic of my sensors and ports in device manager now that i have some more time for this. Thank you all again for your help.

Im wondering if I didnt maybe change a setting going down the road. I often hit my knuckles on the screen shifting into high range where i have the tablet set.

I see you have u-blox (the F9p) as sensor.
Windows update ruined the f9p com port!
See solution in post 2 here:

3 Likes

Thank you i will try that. It would make sense, i stopped by the house on my way past and the tablet did do an update when it was within reach of the wifi.

Does this update also affect the bno imu, i lost that connection too

Your BNO should come in on COM5 with the steer box, “usb-serial ch340” is your Nano.

This thread is a great troubleshooting reference, and also a great advertisement for UDP. Once you get UDP working it just keeps working. The only difference in setup is Ethernet cable and nano shield if you using the V2 board.

I used USB all last year and it worked well, but was constantly finding, re entering and re establishing ports. Other than setting the tablet Ethernet port to a manual IP address and lining up the nano the first time, it just magically works. If you only have a steer box you do not even need a switch just one Ethernet cable.

Ok i have my comm port back but no rtk signal now, do i have to reconfigure something or is that a separate issue. Also my imu updateas are really lagging and the gps is loosing connection syong “im lost” regularly now. Also i couldnt click roll back driver becaue it wasnt highlighted so i downloaded a driver from ardusimple website.

Ok an update, no rtk was because i had unplugged my base station. Still having a very slow responding imu and no WAS response though.

What baudrate do you have the steerbox set to in AgIO?

I have 38400 on the gps antenna, it doesnt say by the steer box. Also, i was wrong, i still dont have rtk when i plugged my base station back in, it says dgps not rtk. Thank you.

First we will do RTK, then steer box.

Best way to solve problems is one at a time, how do you get RTK corrections from your base?
I am assuming you using the ardusimple F9P board?
Have you uploaded @Aortner 's setup files to the f9p?

What does this screen look like? located at AgIO>Ntrip>Source

Funny everything was perfect until i switched fields

Not a problem, computers are not perfect they are built by humans too. Lets get you back to operational.

I am not sure of your log in information, does it work now that you have populated the form?

Ive never entered a user name or password. I wish i had taken a screen shot while it was working. I set the board in the u center and that was it, off i went working.

1 Like

Did your GPS get power cycled in the meantime? Did you save your settings in ucenter?

1 Like