Lost RTK Problem

Hello guys. It is my first season using AgOpenGPS in my combine harvester. It was installed by some company which is into GPS systems. Today I tried to run it for the first time on the field and it was not too good. I created “curved A-B line”, and even though I had RTK signal, sometimes it was leaving 20cm gap, sometimes it was leaving not harvested wheat (maybe it was turning too slow?), it wasn’t working like “RTK” at all, so after few minutes I gave up and decided to try it on another field. After 2 or 3hours I noticed that it says “Lost RTK” and I can’t get RTK back. I have wifi connection (internet browser works fine), I am using RTK2GO Ntrip, tried switching mount point but It didn’t change a thing. It looked like it was getting some data from ntrip, so I thought that mount point is ok. What can I do and why my auto steering wasn’t working as it should? (I had 2/3bars of LTE signal).

http://rtk2go.com:2101/
I would try to find your base on here, and make sure it works. But your autosteer will need tuning, for your machine. Once its working, it should stay working.

My base is from this list. I tried to “get source table” in ntrip settings but it couldn’t open the table and it was freezing the program. And it also used to worked 100%. That is why I think that rtk2go could be down (I also couldn’t open their map with rtk points). Where can I tune autosteer? Thank you for your help.

Its very possible the issue is with rtk2go. I’d try with another caster like emlid or something.

https://www.youtube.com/@AgOpenGPS/videos
Lots of good info there, including tuning.

Download the NTRIP Checker app on your phone, enter in all the base station details, and see if it works there. The app allows your phone to connect in the same way a rover does, its like having a second tractor to test with.

If it doesn’t say RTKFIX in the top left then you don’t have an RTK Fix, in your picture you do not have any RTK coming through. It would say RTK Float if you had something coming through but not a fix.

1 Like